Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

So I've been sitting in the snow here dreaming about our upcoming trip with our Seville. 2.5 months to go. I have a question for you guys, as I have no experience in this matter. We are leaving April 14th, an it is quite possible it will still be below freezing here. I want to stop at the dealer on the way out and get the unit de winterized and make sure the water system is good to go, as we never PDI'd that part. It was cold and already winterized.Once that is doneI need to make a beeline south to warmer weather.We might driveall day before it is above freezing. So what are my options? Can I run the furnace while running down the road to keep the belly warm? Or will it stay warm enough on its own? Or do I need to bite the bullet andde winterize it once we get to Utah or something?Thanks for your input, it is appreciated.

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:11 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

When we head our south we have furnace and fridge.running. I keep the heat about 50 so it don't take as long to warm up when we stop. Our frist stop will be W. V.and last year it was 20 degrees and ice when we pulled into falling waters. Oh bring along an electric heater or 2 they help heat the camper and are a lot cheaper then propane when in a campsite. We leave for Myrtle Beach on Feb.3rd, can't wait.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Hi Lenny

we left home in ontario canada on jan.25th. and it was 10 dec.f. we had the furnace running all the time and fridge too run into snow in ny state and it was slipery but going slow when we stop we always go in the trailer for lunch and it was warm

3 days later we are in florida and today it is raining yesterday it was 78 dec.

so if you want to travel you can have the heat on

pete

https://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...2005zinger.jpg
vanhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:45 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

I wouldn't think that in mid April it would get cold enough to freeze plumbing in the underbelly but never say never. De winterizing is not that big of a deal. I'd be more concerned about the wet systems haven't been checked out. Running the furnace while driving is always an option but really should be necessary unless it is well below freezing.

34 Seville CK

2011 Chev 3500 Duramax Crew 4X4, Fulltimer
timonbik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:55 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

OK, sounds good. I just wanted to have a plan for different scenarios. 2 of the vents get covered by the slides, so I wasn't sure. Plus all the wind on the hwy. I am hoping it is not that cold, but you never know, right?

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote