Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2009, 10:03 AM   #21
Weekend Camper

My insurance - State Farm - is sending an investigator out tomorrow.

I am calling State of Minnesota license bereau tomorrow.

I gave the dealer my agents name and number, after I contacted my agent.

I'm still VERY PISSED.

2009 CrossRoads Seville VF35RL

2000 Ford F-350 Cr
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:07 AM   #22
Seasonal Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeG
I think you should of waited to give up any insurance information. You have not taken delivery of the unit. Just call Crossroads and tell them you need to speak to someone about the dealer you are dealing with and they will put you in contact with the right person.

Nights camped in 2010 = 009
GeorgeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:24 AM   #23
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
I believe you need to secure a legal representative if you can't resolve the title and insurance aspect within 1-2 business days.

Perhaps it's just me butI smell a serious RAT...
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #24
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Has there been any resolution to this?

mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #25
Full Time Camper

I haven't been following this thread all that closely, but ....
Â*Â*You paid for the trailer but don't have it. Â*Without a clear title you don't own it. Â*Tell the dealership to prove you own it. Â*No, financial records only prove payment, not ownership. Â*If you don't own it the damage is their problem.
Â*Â*Trailer in dealer's possession, and broken into or damaged. Â*That means it was in the dealer's care, custody and control. Â*That means they are responsible for any damages. Â*Â*
Â*Â*When you talk to State Farm claims be sure they know you have not received title. Â*
Â*Â*Contact the Minnesota State Attorney General's office, talk to their consumers affairs department and explain your problems getting title. Â*They may be interested in helping.
Â*Â*Your local television station probably has a reporter who is interested in consumer fraud. Â*Alert them to your problems and they may take up your cause as well.Â*
Â*Â*If you financed the trailer get your lender to help with the title.

I am no attorney, I don't know what you signed so this may not be valid. Â*But if you don't have title to the trailer then you should be able to demand your $$$$$ back and just walk away. Â*But the contract may have penalties or the dealership may still be in compliance with terms of the contract. Â*I'm sure you've read it carefully several times by now. Â*

Wishing you the very best in a troubling situation. Â*I think I would be beyond mad at this point. Â*

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #26
Seasonal Camper

Sorry to hear that, hopefully the dealer will help you out. It's unbeliveable what some people will do to destroy property. Hopefully the RV will be repaired in time for camping season. GOOD LUCK Karen
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #27
Full Time Camper

Looks like you finally got the pictures to show up!

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #28
Weekend Camper

My insurance paid me for items stolen. I am replacing tv's and stereo in order to use unit.

State Farm will continue to address situation with dealer.

I cant say anymore at this time.

2000 Ford F-350 Cr
Old 04-10-2009, 02:13 AM   #29
Full Time Camper

Glad to hear your insurance company stepped up and paid. Hopefully this means you have clear title and are ready to hit the road.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 04-10-2009, 11:35 AM   #30
Full Time Camper

i knowit was said before, but i'll repeat it. i would'nt accept the unit. i would demand a replacement unit, and i would'nt deal with the same rv dealer. you bought a new trailer and you should receive nothing less than that. best of luck to you.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:54 PM   #31
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
I also asked about letter I got from MN license bereau stating they could not issue title as they have not received bank release from RV dealer.
Sounds like you don't own a trailer yet

Quote:
I paid for trailer complete in January and still have not received title, license, keys, and other required paperwork.
Talk to YOUR insurance company. They will be a whole lot more forceful about who's trailer it is currently because if it is yours, YOUR insurance pays and your dealer does not decide how it is fixed. If it is theirs, get your money back fast. Sounds to me like a whole lot of bad stuff i happening at this dealership. Double-dipping the insurance company's?

Fiddich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #32
Weekend Camper

ALL FIXED !!!!

Picked up and accepted 4-14-09.

State Farm stepped up to plate to get things done - they are proceeding with recovery procedures.

I think I may have bought too big - truck is kind of complaining - but then truck has 270,000 miles on original 7.3 and transmission.

But rig sure is NICE !!!

I have started with wife's request that I install KING size Sleep Number bed. Side cabinets are out, and larger bed platform is in-process.

Honda 6500 EUis generator has been installed, and tested. Works great.

I will include pictures soon.

2000 Ford F-350 Cr
Old 04-20-2009, 10:48 PM   #33
Full Time Camper

Congratulations on finally getting the new unit home and repaired to your satisfaction. Enjoy and take lots of camping trips with it.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:38 AM   #34
Full Time Camper

good luck. i don't think your truck is inadequate. maybe you need to do a tune up. filters,air,fuel-trans service. you might want to look into a tuner. it changes shift points and increases line pressure in the trans, also increasing horse power. i picked up one for my v10. give mike from 5startuning.com a try. hes a real nice guy with a great reputation.if your truck sags you can install the factory overload springs if you already dont have them or you can use timberens or air bags.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:15 AM   #35
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to KHUNLINDA2003
On your F350 and its groaning, we have a 2004 37fl Silverado and a 2002 F550. Â*The 7.3 engine is powerful enough but Ford transmission of that era are just underpowered. Â*We had trouble getting up hills until Â*we put the Banks Billet torque convertor and transcommand module. Â* We went to Alaska last summer and went up a 12 mile 10 to 12% grade out of Valdez and barely slowed down. Â*We used to have trouble with 6 to 7% grades for several miles. Â*By the way the 7.3 engine is rated for 425000 miles. Â* We had the torque convertor installed by Farmington (MN) Truck. Â*The cost was alittle over $1000 for parts and $650 for installation. Â* Well worth every penny. Â* Ford upgraded the transmissions in 2003 because they finally determined they were undersized.
KHUNLINDA2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #36
Weekend Camper

Mothers Day - test run to Fairbault MN

Memorial Day Weekend - Hayward WI - Graduation for my two children

June 5-7 - Hayward WI - Graduation party for my two children

June 10 thru July 6th - GO WEST YOUNG MAN - out to Alliance NE for FCSA 1000 yd shoot - then Hill City, SD for 4 days - then Upton WY for National Enduro - then Devils Tower - Then BigHorns - then North side of Yellowstone with day trips into park and Tetons - then Cascade MT for another National Enduro - then two day trip to Glacier without FW - then home - then look for a job again.

2000 Ford F-350 Cr
Old 04-21-2009, 09:42 PM   #37
Full Time Camper

Glad to see the damage issue is behind you and you're on to more important things ... LIKE CAMPING. Â*The trip out west sounds pretty nice!

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 04-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #38
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to KHUNLINDA2003
Oldman, we did the teton, yellowstone trip a couple of years ago. Â*We stayed in the KOA in Jackson Hole and loved it. Â*Be careful which way you go to Yellowstone from Jackson Hole or visa versa. Â*The road that goes right out of Jackson Hole to Yellowstone just about burned our tranny up. Â*It's one of the reasons we got the ne torque convertor. Â*The idiot at the welcome center in Jackson Hole sent us up a road that was unbelievable. Â*We turned around and went to the KOA in Jackson Hole and he couldn't believe they would tell anybody with a trailer to go up that road. Â*He directed us how to go to Yellowstone safely. Â*The campground is really nice but make a reservation NOW. Â*It's along a river and really nice. Â*We were hoping to go to Glacier this year on our way back to Minnesota but we've got business in Colorado and have to stay there for a few days while my husband visits one of his clients. Â*Have a great time.
KHUNLINDA2003 is offline   Reply With Quote