Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

The problems just keep coming with my 36SB. I have owned the unit 8 weeks and it has been in the shop 6. I picked it up from repair atCW Tallahassee Friday and while camping Sat night, something started burning and popped the HW breaker. Still dont know what caused that.....waiting for guidance from CW St Augustine where I purchased it.

Pulled it home Sun and while parking it, the DW told me the driver side fender was rubbing on the back of the rear tire (not the side). The rear arm of the Trailair Equa-Flex assy is at more of an angle than the front on both sides. If the front is at 25 off vertical then the rear is at 40-45 degrees off vertical. Only the driver side fenderis touching the wheel. The distance from center of wheels on one side are within 1/8 inch of each other.

Part of the repairs just completed included replacing the slide actuator that had fallen out on that side. Also the enclosure for the refrigerator in the same slide had seperated at the seam. Coincidental? I am wondering if it might have had a rough trip from the factory to the dealer. I am also wondering if this buying this camperwasn't a bad decision.

Anyone with an ideas on what is going on here?

Thanks

2011 Seville VF36SB

https://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...mi/Seville.jpg
GaPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Having heard a lot of concern about CW repair facilities, I think you should contact Randy Mischler at the Crossroads customer service center and explain your problems and see if there is a Crossroads authorized service center in your area. Certainly you should not be having these kind of problems with a brand new Seville.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Definitely contact Randy, he will get it fixed properly. We have had our 35CK for 2 years now, and only took it in last fall to fix some minor issues. It hasd been a quality product for us all around. Spent 56 nights in it last year, and due to a transfer at work, will end up with 68 this year. Towed about 15,000 miles total.Currently it has been well below freezing at night, and still no issues. We love our Seville.

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:40 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Headed to CW St Augustine Friday for them to look at it. Will hold off contacting Crossroads until I give CW a fair shot at correcting the problem. Maybe the next serious problem will push me to Randy at CR.

2011 Seville VF36SB

Old 11-04-2010, 01:02 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Certainly, CW should be given every opportunity to meet your expectations. But, I don't understand any delay in contacting Randy at CR. Maybe you think you bought a lemon, yet you have deprived yourself of the best input on how to efficiently and effectively correct your issues. CW is a newcomer to selling and servicing CR products while Randy clearly knows his job and product line. It has been years since I utilized Randy's help, but other owners continue to give him high marks for taking care of them. Hopefully you will have great success today.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:04 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Certainly, CW should be given every opportunity to meet your expectations. But, I don't understand any delay in contacting Randy at CR. Maybe you think you bought a lemon, yet you have deprived yourself of the best input on how to efficiently and effectively correct your issues. CW is a newcomer to selling and servicing CR products while Randy clearly knows his job and product line. It has been years since I utilized Randy's help, but other owners continue to give him high marks for taking care of them. Hopefully you will have great success this week.

11 Cruiser CF32MK
Old 11-05-2010, 01:52 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

I have a 2009 35Ck and have lived fulltime in it for over 2 years. I have also taken it back to the factory (Randy)2 times for minor warranty work when returning from points south in the spring. Plan on stopping there again next spring as well. I wouldn't even think of taking my trailer to a dealer BEFORE talking to Randy. The man knows the product and how to fix it. From my experience dealers just patch things while the factory maintenance staff replace defective parts and make it right.

34 Seville CK

2011 Chev 3500 Duramax Crew 4X4, Fulltimer
timonbik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:44 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
No offense but you have this going on two forums. Based on your last post where they found broken welds and prior damage I think you need to take the advice of everyone and call Randy. Whats the issue with calling him, he's easy to talk to!!! I know for a fact he doesn't bite, I've met him.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Given your issues the only wrong choice is not contacting Randy and not going back to the factory for repairs. Factory service is a great option to have... Take advantage of it and save yourself the headache.

CW's service is a joke and I wouldn't trust them to check the air pressure in my tires.

Edited by: salda01

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:06 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78
No offense but you have this going on two forums.
Your point is? I thought theseforums were primarily used to disseminate infor among common groups of users so that we could all become better consumers.

As for calling Randy, I will probably contact himin the end but it wont be until I have given the selling dealership a chance to remedy my problems. If CW St Augustine satisfactorily corrects the problem, and what they find (or not) leads me to believe the factory should be furtherinvolved, I will contact them. I lean in that direction simply because this could be an issue affecting more units.....hence my "sin" ofposting this on two forumsso that a wide range of enthusiast could identify the existence of a trend if that were the case.I am sure Randy or someone else at CR keeps up with this forum and could contact me if they felt this warranted mfg attention at this point.CR has beeninvolved in the warranty work approval process so theymust be aware of the issues I am having. Beyond that, I havent reached the point where I need their intervention.

I am confident at this point that my issues will be resolved by Camping World of St Augustine. I was impressed with the way they received my complaints, immediately began looking into the issue and identified a probable cause for the fender-tire issue before I left the lot.

If the forum consensus is I have violated some rule or such by posting on two forums I would appreaciate being so advised. I certainly was unaware I had done so and would refrain from doing so in the future.

Thanks for listening.

2011 Seville VF36SB

Old 11-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

I don't care if you post in both forums, but you've gotten "several" recommendations to call the manufacturer especially after you posted about "broken welds". Does CR read all the posts here? No, not really. They may read some but I can promise you Randy and other warranty people don't post on here nor do they get into approving your warranty claims by CW. Imagine staffing a place to investigate EVERY warranty claim? I'm sure a fair amount are rubber stamped.

I think you've gotten good advice and have chosen to ignore it on two forums. So CW wasn't qualified to find obvious damage at the PDI but magically they are now qualified to fix it? Strange.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:49 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

GaPete,

I agree with Mike, posting on two forums is a non issue. If CR monitors any forum in detail, it would be this forum and so far no mention of broken welds has been made by you on this forum. There have also been lots of theories and suggestions made elsewhere that are not included on this thread either. I doubt that CR has the resources to follow any of these forums in great detail. I can't recall a post or private message from CR asking for more info on any issue.

If your goal is to help CR identify a trend, then clear detailed info from you and/or the dealer directed to CR is the best way to accomplish that goal. I wouldn't expect the dealer to communicate anything but the bare minimum info required to get repair approval, so owner communication would be key to this goal. If your goal in posting is to gain the benefit of other owners knowledge and experience, then following some of their suggestions (i.e. contacting CR, certified welder inspection, etc.) seems like an appropriate action. If your goal is the best possible repairs to your RV for your long term satisfaction, then again, following some of those suggestions seems like a sound strategy.

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh, but sometimes the real answer takes a lot more effort than just hearing the dealer's story.

11 Cruiser CF32MK