Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

OK - Question - What is reason for hole in floor in area where city water and cable connections are placed?

Dealer said it for hoses and cables to be run thru allowing door to be closed - sounded great - only one problem - Seville unit has a complete belly pan with no provision for hoses and cables to run thru.

Also hole adapter sits higher than surface so would not work well as a drain either.

Need to ask CrossRoads to make new doors for this compartment that will allow main basement area to be locked while door to this area is open (current design allows for a 4-5" gap between door edge and storage compartment edge). The new design would also allow water connection area to be sealed while my generator is running. (See my other posting in GENERATOR area.)

2009 CrossRoads Seville VF35RL

2000 Ford F-350 Cr
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Doug, we have the same setup on our PP but it does have access from under the trailer. That is where I run the cable and fresh water hose then close off the utility door. And I agree with you, there needs to be a drain flush with the bottom because you are always going to get some water when disconnecting the city water or flush hose. I usually wipe it up or let it air dry.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

When we are using hookups, I leave the doors locked. I just run the hose down through the drain, then out the back of the underbelly. It is definitely a PITA to get the hose fished through there, but I rest easy knowing everything is secured when we are away. I considered drilling a hole, or enlarging the lowpoint drain hole, so I could just go through there. But for now, I haven't got the nerve to rip a hole in the underbelly.

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I left a post in the Cruiser section about this setup.Its not real smart because of the large hole that is left open while camping.I'm trying to find a way to plug the hole with the cable and water hose run thru it.The only mouse I have found in any camper we've had has been in this one because of the open hole.I use to push a rag around the lines until last time camping and a mouse still got thru.Right now it looks like maybe a short section of hose and coax put thru a piece of material (wood,plastic) and caulked,that will fit the hole may be the way to go.Also when you unhook the water at the short hose,it will drain out instead of inside the compartment.

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:38 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

OK- got mad and then fixed it!

Installed 3" PVC tubing from drain to exit underbelly near sewer drain connection. Works great! Modified 45 degree elbow in drain (modified to reduce height in drain pocket), nipple connector, another 45, 5' of 3"tubing, threaded end cap connection. Hose and Cable connections can now be routed thru easily and doors can stay locked. Carbon water filter cartridgeattached to female end will store cleanly inside tubing. End plug keeps it clean.

Also installed 6' of 6"diameter PVC from steps to above sewer drain area to store sewer hose and connections with elbows. End caps and threaded end with plug. Stores up to 30' of hose easily.

I would attach picture but dropped digital camera while riding motorcycle.

2009 CrossRoads Seville VF35RL

2000 Ford F-350 Cr
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Good fix! Sounds like it should work great. When you get (another camera) some pics, post them up! I was thinking of just running some hose through the compartment and securing it to the body. Have quick connects on the end. I may still do that, but I like the idea of the tubing. Keep everything a lot cleaner. I usually only think of it when trying to fish the hose up to the drain. After that is done, I forget about this issue until next time! One day I'll get to it.....

Thanks for the info.

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote