Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

We are going to downsize a bit and go back to a KF30SB. We had a 2009 but it looks like they may have made some changes that may make it a more serious contender. One serious, serious complaint we have about the Kingston units is the cabinets directly over the headboard in the bedroom. I've almost considered buying a safetly helmet to wear while trying to drink morning coffee and watch morning news on TV. However in one dealers pictures it almost looks like the headboard does NOT have a shelf directly overhead. Can anyone verify that on a 2010 unit? Also would like to know how large can the Television be in the living room entertainment center? Is an oak front still available on the refrig unit? It seems like everytime we talk todealers, they all seem to have a little different info.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

We have a 2010 KF36CK.

The shelf over the bed is about 12" over the bed.

We have installed a 32" flat Screen in the entertainment center. It fits with about 1" on each side clearance.

Our interior came with cherry wood accents throughout, including the fridge.

Hope this helps.

Full Time 12 Years
First RV in 1980

Semper Fi 63-69
hollardawg45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Hollardawg45 - Just curious on your opinion of the shelf hanging out over the headboard. I talked to a factory rep about it and he says they have mixed opinions. He says some actually prefer the shelf. I noticed the Seville has (in my humble opinion) the perfect headboard arrangement with NO shelf but corner cabinets and nightstands. I have a very solid opinion and short of smashing it out with a BFH I have asked the factory if its possible to remove it. They said removing it is not an option cuz it is stapled in from the outside. So I'm looking at taking a big hit on my current 2010 KF33SK and getting a 2011 when they come out. The factory rep said he is going to see if they can omit that shelf on a new build. Obviously I repect your opinion having stood in the same yellow footprints in another life now long ago (USMC).

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
Old 02-20-2010, 02:11 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

With only 24" between the surface of the bed and the bottom of the shelf, watching TV sitting up in bed is a real challange. The only redeeming thing is the TV mount. It mounts on the ceiling and is adjustable so you can easily watch TV laying down. It is one of the best TV mounts I have seen. We have a friend with anew motorhome who called crossroads to find out who supplies them with the TV mounts.

On the other hand, the shelf really adds to the beedroom decor. It gives the bedroom a very pleasant and "homey" feel.

I was right behing you. Ihit PI onJuly 30,'63. Got out September 9,'67 with two years in the reserve. Da Nang '65-'66.

Full Time 12 Years
First RV in 1980

Semper Fi 63-69
Old 02-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I have to agree about the bedroom TV. That mount is the best I have seen. We currently have it in our KF33SK and I hope they never change it. After looking at all the other true Aluminum structure units out there we have stopped looking now because there just is not a better 5th wheel for the dollars. I did contact the factory for more info because each dealer seems to have a different idea about the features. The factory rep say you can have up to a 32" TV in the prime entertainment center. I also asked if they can work out something to NOT install that shelf and the rep said he is working on it. So at this point we are in kind of a bad situation trying to get rid of a 2010 unit and ordering a 2011 KF30SBas soon as I can get one but thats what we have decided to do.

Kinda nice to hook up with someone from the same era of 782 gear, junk-on-the-bunk, steel helmets with liners, etc.....not sure when this oorah thing became standard but Semper fi still means the same.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
Old 02-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

You are right about the frame and cage of the Crossroads products. They definitely hold together. Our Kingston was purchased for us by our Insurance Company. Our other 5th wheel was an '06Paradise Pointe PF36RD. In early October of last year we were "T boned" by a semi. The truck hit us so hard we were knockedone and a half lanes to the left. It totaled the truck and the 5th wheel. By the Grace of God we walked away without a scratch. The thing that impressed me most was that we didn't roll. We were traveling at 57mph when he ran the stop sign. While part of the frame on the 5th wheel buckled, the majority of the rig remained in tack.

Wish I had a nickel for everytime I shaved in that steel pot, or used it as a seat in the dirt.Never forget those outstandingsurplus WWII K Rations in the messhall overseas. Or those yummyC Rations.

The meaning of Semper Fi will never change. Be well, my Brother.

Full Time 12 Years
First RV in 1980

Semper Fi 63-69
Old 02-23-2010, 01:05 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Well don't you know the experts say the only thing you're suppose to do is sleep in bed (well that and the other thing). And as for C-Rats, the spagetti wasn't too bad but I hated the Beans and MFs. 'course I could always trade the Beans and MFs with someone born south of the Mason Dixon.

Semper Fi
ed zylman is offline   Reply With Quote