Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

We have a KF33SK with a mirror on the bottom of the front cap. I suppose the intent was to assist in hooking up and matching the kingpin to the hitch opening. However about a month ago I notice the mirror was becoming discolored around the edges on one end. It looked like it was becoming delaminated or ???. I ask my dealer for a fix and they said the factory wanted pictures of the problem first so I sent them some. I also told them if it was not too much trouble it would be ok to just remove it cuz I don't use it anyway. We are still waiting for the dealer to call with the fix. In the meantime the mirror situation has become worse but luckily I can now see behind it to see whats going on. For those that have the mirror (don't know if the 2011 have them or not) its simply a painted piece of plexiglass stuck onto the cap with doubleback tape. Took about 5 minutes to remove it and wash the area. We have the rig for sale (downsizing to 2011 KF30SB) and when we finally find a buyer for this unit I'm just going to give the mirror replacement to the new owner and let them do what they want with it. Like I said, I don't use the mirror anyway and since its only held on by doubleback tape it will probably fall off again. So the point is, if anybody is having similar problems with their front cap mirror, just be aware its only held on by doubleback tape and is something that the average klutz (like me) can handle.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote