Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
New Camper

Hello everyone,

we finally found the camper we were always looking for. Now we own a 2009 Kingston KF36GB. The camper was apparently a bank repo and was stored at a dealership here in Mesa, AZ for all those years. Luckily they must have covered it for while because it really looks brand new and has no signs of wear due to the sun. Funny thing that we ended up with a 5th wheel, in particular in that size. My wife and I were looking for regular TT"s with bunks, since we have to boys ages 7 and almost 10 and 3 dogs. And we thought for over a year if it would actually be the right decision to buy a camper or use the money towards a "normal" vacation. So we rented TT's twice, to see how things go, and we became convinced, that it would be a good idea, especially nowadays with all thetechnologicalinfluence for the kids entertainment, to get more involved in camping and a real family life. Having said that, we found a nice Jayco TT with an overalllengthof 35 feet but I just didn't feel very comfortable towing something like this. So we looked around and then we saw HER...and I mean, everybody who has kids and perhaps in the same age, knows that in the long run you want to be able to have them in their own section of the camper, with a door and a half bathroom. So thisfloor planwas just too good to pass on.
Sorry for writing a lot here, but I am just very excited. Well, now we have her and I spend already hours at a huge parking lot and it looks like I will be able to control her after a while.
Of course, I can not end this without an few questions. I know we have two black water tanks, but I don't even know how big either of them is. Any ideas?? Secondly, I was emptying the fresh water tank since we had to store it for a while and I could't find the low drain valves. I know in the cabinet with the outside shower, there are three blue valves I can turn and one is for winterizing. Are the other two for draining?? And one more thing, and I also read a lot about it. So my question is for people around Arizona who have to store their camper outside. Are you covering it or not??

Guess that's it for now and hope to get some answers. Thanks everybody...
mitsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

You should have 2 (two) 40 gallon tanks, one for black water (toilet) and one for gray (shower/sink). The drain for the fresh water tank will usually be coming through the fabric underneath the tank itself. The 2 low point drains for hot and cold water do not normally drain the fresh water tank.

Kernersville, NC

2011 Ram 4500 SLT 4x4

2005 PF36SK
delqcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
New Camper

Thanks so much for the quick response. I do not have any other drains underneath the camper...no idea where they are. Guess I have to call Crossroads. I am still not sure about the tank situation. I do have to valves, one for grey and one for black water, in the outside shower cabinet and the drains right next to it. I do also have to more valves and drains further to the rear of the camper. One for the galley and one more for black water. That's the reason I am so confused and think that I might have more than one black or grey tank....
Old 07-24-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
Site Team

I have two gray water tanks--one black. You will have to look pretty close underneath or you could miss spotting the little white tube with a cap on it protruding down out of the membrane. That would be the drain for your fresh water tank. Look in front of the rear bumper on the street side. That is where they seem to place most of the water tanks in the 5ers.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Michael,

With two toilets, you will have two black tanks. And almost certainly two grey tanks. The monitor panel should have switches that allow you to check tank levels and that would be the best way to know how many tanks you have. The half bath in the back probably has both sink and toilet draining into the same black tank.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #6
New Camper

Thanks everybody. Yes, I have two different monitor panels its just annoying, that you do not get a manual specifically for your camper. I just got an crossroads generalmanualbook. Well, once I find some more time I will call them and ask around. Again, thanks for your help guys.