Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

This Kingston has several extra things added and we do not have any information on what all was included with it when purchased(CrossRoads buy back). We have solved most of the issues but could not come up with theinsulation package.

We ask CrossRoads and they said that we had upgrade insulation package basically consists of another layer of insulation which is called "Double bubble". Does anyone have any information on what is the R value? Which insulation package on line would that be?
Old 02-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Theyare referring to the foil faced bubble wrap which normally carries an insulative value of R4

Kernersville, NC

2011 Ram 4500 SLT 4x4

2005 PF36SK
delqcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

As delqcc stated it is a Reflectics bubble wrap which has very little R vaule unless you can get some space between it and what you want to insulate. It is probably more of a radiant barrier than anything.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:19 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

The only reason I was inquiring ( it really does not make any differenceunless we sell, then someonemay ask) in looking online, CrossRoads list the Polartec as the best package and CrossRoads has told us we have the best insulation they offer with the exception of the insulated windows.I guess I could use what they call the Polartec on Crossroadsoptions. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:51 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

When I was researching trailers, I emailed crossroads with that exact same question. Rudy responded with the following information:
The R values with the upgrade insulation is:
Sidewalls R-14
Floor

R-21
Ceiling R-21
Front Wall R-21
Rear Wall R-21

Keep in mind this is for a CT31RL travel trailer, but I also opted to order the insulated windows and could not be happier with the performance of the camper. I have a Pelonis 5-disc furnace that we use and it keeps the camper comfy without having to use the furnace very much. I use the furnace to bring the camper up to temp quickly, but then let the electric heater take over. To give an example, I camped in MO at the end of March and the temps got down into the mid to upper 20's at night with a bit of wind. I set the Pelonis to keep the temp at around 72-degrees. I set the furnace to 67 degrees. The pelonis kept the camper above 67-degrees until about 3:00 a.m. It ran maybe two more times before morning and that was about it. The windows also help cut down on condensation inside the rig as well. Any future camper I order will have these windows installed.
I believe somewhere on the website is a construction pdf file you can download that might show you the double bubble stuff that they use. Hope this answers your question.

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Crossroads buy back? I would have loved to given mine back for one with less flaws.
2008 Club Cart Precedent
https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...olfcart2-1.jpg
Cajun TBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:18 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

gossamar thanks, if i would have order the unit from the factory we would have purchased the insulated windows as the5r has a lot of glass, now I would not want to pay the cost .

gossamar, we live in Mo what park did you camp at?
Old 02-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Cajun TBoy, buyback was not the correct word. A dealer went under and CrossRoads got it back, how I don't know butwe purchased it from a dealer.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

I camped at Mark Twain State Park and will be there again the second week in April for about 5-days. Mark Twain hosts a huge geocaching event called MOGA with about 500+ geocachers running through the woods.
If you really wanted the windows, you might contact Crossroads and see what you can work out. They have a service center really close to the factory that does nothing but repairs and sorts if I remember correctly from other posts. Granted, the option is not cheap, but if you plan to keep the camper for awhile it might be worth it.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Mark Twain State Park is about one hour from us, seems like a good park but we have never camped at Mark Twain have been up to visit.

I have the information I was looking for.We would like to have the insulated windows but will pass as CrossRoads says it will cost more than we want to pay.

Thanks for the information.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

No problem, one of the reasons I went with CR is because of the insulated windows. I was also looking at Jayco, but they did not offer as many options and the water capacity is like 20-gallons less. The park is VERY nice....asphalt pads, rocked picnic table area, clean shower houses, great staff.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:24 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Sounds like a great place to have a family outing.