Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2009, 05:42 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

The slide with the Refrig, stove and fireplace, in other words, the heavy slide, when we are ready to bring it in on the lift to start the slide home it seems to be little rough, thisI guess is normal, my concern is will we get some form of stress cracks and etc. ?

Does anyone else have this concern?
Old 07-01-2009, 07:43 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I don't have the 33SK but do have the basically same kitchen layout in my 30SK. I have no binding or "rough" start when bringing in the slide. I wonder if it is dragging on something or possible binding?
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:34 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Stan, it appears to me that it is binding but Crossroads says that the slide is heavy and that will cause the binding on the lift and they may be correct, allthoughI checked with someone that had the same setup, it was a larger fiver I think 38' (brand x)he said that his came in as smooth as the slide on the other side. Of course, I didnot see hisslide come in, sofor what it is worth, that is why I ask about our 33Sk Crossroads.

The only reason I am concerned, is on the insidea staple pulled out of the paneling and I think it was because of the jerk when first starting.

John
Old 07-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

It might help to have someone work the switch and have you outside watching from underneath. You might see something. Do the seals meet the walls evenly when fully in and also out?
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:12 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Stan, yes the seals meeton the inside and outside walls. When we were at the factory to have several things done, the guys were great in making sure that every item we had on our list was fixed and we had a big list.I cannot sayenough good things about their work.At that time, the slide did some binding but it was of the opinion that because this slide is heavy this was the beston a heavy slide that could be done.

I don't know if anything haschanged, but as we pull the slide in, the inside wall will movewhich has us concerned.

I will as you suggested check underneath as the slide starts in,I do not know what takes place within the start upof coming home.

We must be the only one on this fourm with this issue of the wall moving, and I am concernedit may cause some problems at a later date.

John
Old 07-04-2009, 12:52 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I have a KF33SK and not noticed any unusual sounds or drag on that slide. Mine seems relatively smooth considering it is a big slide. Sure would be nice if you could find another KF33SK to compare it to. Of course I would be more than happy to provide any assistance with comparisons but seems like Crossroads people don't like Minnesota...have never seen another Kingston on the road. However I still think the Kingston is a top contender.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:41 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Calliopeguy, thanks for the reply, I also think CrossRoads makes and you receive a great amount of rv for your money. Although we have been camping for several years this is our second Crossroads. Of the several we have had, the Crossroads hold their resale , we traded in a 03 3031 TT and the only reason we traded it in was that it broke down as we were on the road to the ourvacation area, the 3031 had a better insulation packageand would do very well in Minnesota, the walls were R14 and the roof and floor R21,which we will miss.

Back to the area of concern,it is only on the lift or unlocking of the slideat the stove,

the factory installed a larger drive and it is much better but we still have a hang on that

side and it is quite a jar on the inside wall which I think caused the brad to pull out of the paneling.

AS soon as it quits raining I will get under the unit and see if I can see what is happening.

John