Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2009, 07:45 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Are there any 34TB owners on this forum. I am looking to discuss issues we all may be having with the AC ducting.

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7
RSCREES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Such as?

We all have similar roofs and AC ducts in the Cruiser and Kingston lines. I know many people have go to the last outlet and sprayed expanding foam to dead-end the leak from the ducting.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:55 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

We have a second bathroom in the rear and it is an ICE box to say the least, it seems like all of the a/c heads to the rear bedroom. I have not been able to find a vent that closes off completely to stop this from happening. I will try the foam trick once it warms up!! Might be a while.

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7
Old 03-30-2010, 02:01 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I have a KF34TB, and I have all the ducts in my daughters room and bath room closed. She freezes. Instead of expanding foam I might just try some regular foam.

Rick

6.0l Diesel

2008 Kingston KF34TB
ralderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:41 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSCREES
We have a second bathroom in the rear and it is an ICE box to say the least, it seems like all of the a/c heads to the rear bedroom. I have not been able to find a vent that closes off completely to stop this from happening. I will try the foam trick once it warms up!! Might be a while.

My KF30 has a coleman chill grill which allows me to redirect more air to the living area and less to the ducts. I tend to keep at least one edge always open.

2008.5ish Kingston KF30SB

2008 Chevy 3500 dually
sheltieRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:57 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralderman
I have a KF34TB, and I have all the ducts in my daughters room and bath room closed. She freezes. Instead of expanding foam I might just try some regular foam.

Rick
Rick

We are about to try to locate a vent which will shut down completely, I will post what I find. Short of blocking the vent off I am not sure what to do. I was told that this is a common issue. Nice to finally here there is someone else with a 34tb. Have you had any other issues?

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7
Old 03-31-2010, 12:35 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Yea, the 34TB is not one of the more popular campers, but we love it. Our daughter has her own room and 1/2 bath. It makes life a lot easier. It's a great layout for us.

As far as problems, I have only had one major problem and that wasnt with Crossroads. It was a Lippert problem. I had a leaf spring snap in half while towing on the Interstate. Luckily nothing happened, and we were able to get it replaced. We pulled over about 5 miles from a dealer that had the leaf springs I needed in stock! Crossroads suport was great, they worked with us, and with Lippert. They ended up replacing the axle and leaf springs and we are back on the road. This weekend will be our first trip since.

Rick

6.0l Diesel

2008 Kingston KF34TB
ralderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Rick

I agree I have not seen many around but we love the room for our daughter. The only problems we had we with the dealer also. I contacted Crossroads directly and they were great! It show just how dedicated they are to making sure there customers are satisfied. Hope you have a great trip. There is nothing open here until the middle of April and we are having 25-30 degree weather Celcius that is. Are you going to the factory rally in July?

Rob

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7