Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2009, 04:14 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Now that we've had about 10 nights in our KF33SK I'm a little more qualified to comment. Last week we took it on a 2200 mile trip. Driving across So. Dakota, Wyoming, Montana driving straight into the wind (winds much higher than average). Averaged 7.4 MPG (normally get about 10+mpg). Have to watch the corners real close....this 36' thing needs lots of room....no more pulling into ma & pa fuel stations. Once you arrive at destination though it makes it all worthwhile....almost like living at home. The cabinets over the head of the bed are an extreme problem....I can't count the number of times I hit my head....no sitting up in bed drinking coffee watching TV. Just don't think I'll be comfortable wearing football helmet to bed. The cabinets must come out....not sure if factory will help me, dealer, or do it myself, but I believe I will attempt to talk wife into getting rid of this rig if the cabinets must stay. On the plus side....a real BIG plus....you can access the refrig with all the slides in! Currently getting some minor warranty work done....pocket door recessed too far and fell off track....black tank flush doesn't work. Other than the wind, towing, parking, backing no problem so I guess at this point I'm ok with this size of 5th wheel.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:37 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Sounds great, did you have a fiver before the Kingston?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Well....ya, I did have a 5th wheel before. Actually this is our 12th 5th wheel in 15 years. It's really my hobby. I search all over the world for the best price. When I trade for the next year, I trade in the "old" one but actually find a buyer for it meself. Then the dealer agrees to give me the full trade-in price. I've had Sportsmen, Dutchman, Jayco, Cedar Creek, Alumascape, Carriage, and now Kingston. This is my 2nd Kingston (KF30SB previous). After all those rigs we are satisfied that the Kingston is as good as any brand we've had before and for us, as good as its going to get. What is a real plus is that the Kingston is priced way below its competition like Carriage. The customer service is also as good as it can be. So at this point, other than that bedroom cabinet thing, we are very pleased.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
Old 05-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Thanks for the information
Old 05-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
In my cruiser you could remove the cabinets over the bed. The factory would be happy to do this and the cabinet guy could probably re-skin any cabinet that has left over screw holes, they did on mine when they replaced the Pummel drive with a different sized Jensen unit. Heck, I can't even tell they ever cut apart my ent. center.

Also, they fixed a defective stile in the cabinet above the fridge, so re-skin on a stile and cabinet does work when done right.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Thanks Mike - thats what I wanted to hear. I think I could probably take them out myself but my wife does like the actual cabinets on each end. There is a shelf over the headboard connecting the two end cabinets. If I could just get rid of that shelf I think life would be good. Taking the cabinetry out is probably within my range but cutting the shelf out between the cabinets and getting the stain and cut ends to like like factory.....well....if the factory was 600 miles closer I'd be down there tomorrow

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63