Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hello Kingston Krew -- we upgraded from our '01 Paradise Pointe to a brand new "2011" Kingston KF30SB11 that we ordered from Wana RV, ten miles from the factory. We took delivery on Thursday and are still parked in the Shipshewana Campground getting accostomed to all of the new features and finding out where our stuff belongs. After almost 8 years in the PP, we are missing several of its features, like the pull out pantry, the laundry chute in the bathroom and the hidden trash bucket under the sink. Also, surprisingly, the PP had more kitchen cabinets and more counter space. But there are trade-offs, we now have a real walk-around bed, a real closet, a full bathroom, a bigger living room, better (and newer) equipment and a great looking rig. Bur Lynne cried after giving up her PP kitchen.

We hope to see some of you down the road, and will be on the lookout for the Kingston logo. We are headed for Connecticut, Maine, then back to S. AZ via the Atlantic Coast route in late Sept.

Bill & Lynne
Old 05-23-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Well I knowwhat you are talking about when talking about the kitchen. We will pick-up our kingston KF30SB on wednesday. Have been in a Mobile Scout since 2003. Had more kitchen cabnets and a pantry. I guess we will figure it out. It is a fine unit but we will really miss the pantry.
whipandee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:08 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Bill-

You ever go over to Tombstone Territories campground? We usually spend 1-2 weeks there in April. Could have used a little less wind this year.

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:17 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Russ dad says they are getting alot of wind this year

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:22 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Never stayed there, but know where it is. We're a little up the road at Cochise Terrace in Benson. Wind is a given in Cochise County. It starts a little after noon and quits about sunset. Welcome to the Sonoran Desert.

Bill
Old 05-25-2010, 06:18 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Been crazy with wind here in the high country for the past 4 days. Could be worse, could be snowing.

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:45 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Bill F - We are hoping to get our 2011 KF30SB on Friday. I know its weird but wedecided we want a smaller unit for our retirement which is why we are getting the KF30SB. I know in the earlier versions (2008)the area for the television was limited to a 26" and hanging from the mount provided was a real challenge. I checked with several sources and have been told that the KF30SB will now accept a 32" Television. This info was from people that were told or heard from someone but now that you have a 2011 could you please confirm? Because of things beyond our control we are cutting it as close as you possibly can to Memorial weekend. We are trying to get all our ducks in a row so we can do a load and go when we get it Friday. Edited by: calliopeguy

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:57 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Hi Guy -- the exact size of the hole is 33" X 23" -- I bought a 27" TV because I wasn't sure and not all 32" TVs are the same size -- I discovered by reading the specs that they can be as small as 31 7/8 and as big as 33 1/16. I also figured the 27 was big enuf for this room -- and it is. But the mount supplied wouldn't fit the Samsung TV -- So I went to Radio Shack looking for an adaptor and bought a completely new mount -- $53. The dealer installed both for me. We are very happy with our 30SB -- but ask us again in a year.

Bill [b]
Old 05-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

We have a 32" in our 2008.5 unit. We replaced the stock mount with a VESA unit that supports the 32. The TV snugs up against the frame, not inside the cubby hole. We made a strap and cover for it to hold it against the center when traveling. Been there almost 2 years now and works great. Edited by: sheltieRV

2008.5ish Kingston KF30SB

2008 Chevy 3500 dually
sheltieRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:27 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Grant - Was replacing the Television mount as simple as it sounds? I'm assuming there is some sort of extra support in the back of the entertainment center. I've never had a 5th wheel where I could leave the Television hanging from its mount while traveling. Hopefully this will be our retirement unit so I want to make sure all my anticipated mods are done right the first time.

Ken

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:59 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

yes it was pretty simple. there is at least a 2x4 (according to my stud finder) behind the wall of the entertainment center. Having the TV mounted against the entertainment center provides stability when on the move. I had posted pics on the old forum, which are long gone. Here are some new pics

Mount: http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/a...v/IMG_0414.jpg

TV and mount: http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/a...v/IMG_0415.jpg

TV ready to watch: http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/a...v/IMG_0413.jpg

TV ready to roll: http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/a...v/IMG_0409.jpg

Side view ready to roll: http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/a...v/IMG_0410.jpg

Though I love the Sharp's picture, I have found that Samsung has a much smarter tuning technology that deletes ghost stations (station is there, but no broadcast content).With Digital air and Digital cable it makes a huge difference in how many garbage channels get found. As you move from park to park the difference becomes a pain for the channel surfer (me). Also the Samsung (I have one in the bedroom) is much faster than the Sharp in tuning.

Oh, the straps and TV cover are my wife's doing, she also made chair covers to keep them from bumping on the road.

Let me know if you need more data.

2008 Chevy 3500 dually
Old 05-26-2010, 05:00 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

I forgot to mention the VESA mount we bought is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O1FTYC/ref=oss_product

2008 Chevy 3500 dually