Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2009, 05:00 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

This question is specific for a Kingston KF33SK. I know we've kicked this around but did we ever come to a firm answer as to what each of the three blue valves do in the water control panel? Some have said low point drains, some have said hot water drain...anybody know for sure? Edited by: calliopeguy

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:26 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Calliopeguy, the three blue valves are the low point drains so the person from S & S RV says where we purchased the unit from.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:10 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

My KF30 has 2. A hot water tank drain, and a low point line drain. I turned on the water heaterand turned on the valves to mark which is which.

2008.5ish Kingston KF30SB

2008 Chevy 3500 dually
sheltieRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:27 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Jaallen1 - I do have three blue valves but one is marked "winterizing"...kinda vague what that might be for. Also how do you tell the pump to draw from the antifreeze line instead of the fresh water tank?

Ken

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
Old 09-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calliopeguy
Jaallen1 - I do have three blue valves but one is marked "winterizing"...kinda vague what that might be for. Also how do you tell the pump to draw from the antifreeze line instead of the fresh water tank?

Ken

Did you ask the pump politely?

There should be a small length of hose and a valve on the inlet side of the pump. Turn the valve in the opposite direction and it should now draw from the jug of antifreeze.

'06 F-250 SD V-10

SCT custom tuned

https://i785.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/SDC12617.jpg
ryeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:36 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Calliopegy, sorry I was so long in getting back as I have the Sk in the shop working on the refrigerator slide,this slide has been a big problem for us.I hope this time it will be fixed. I neededto drive over to the repair shop. Anyway back to your question,the three blue levers on our unit are small turn levers of draining the low water lines and cannot be hooked to anything. I have a hook upscrew-on for water-hose for the fresh water, one screw-on for a water hosefor theblack tank flush, and one screw-on that says hook-up for antifreeze.you will needa short hose and place that hose on the antifreeze jar turn the pump on it suck the antifreeze into the water lines. If I can be of more help let me know.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

My only question at this time is how do you switch the pump to drain from the anti-freeze and not the fresh water (Yes - I will try to talk nice to it but winterizing is not a good thing...marks the end of camping for another year). I'm assuming the water pump is hidden behind the huge sheet of plastic in the storage compartment. I guess I'm going to have to assume there is a valve near the pump. If so I wonder why they didn't just mount it in the outside water compartment....maybe along with an outside switch for the pump. But then it only happens once a year and is not a big deal once you find the valves and connections.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
Old 09-18-2009, 12:32 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Calliopeguy, I may be the wrong person to be asking as I have never winterized this sk, although we have been camping and winterizing rvs for several years, but I am pretty sure of the procedure for this sk, in fact we can get in some cold weather in the Nov. camping so I will need to be sure. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />

My only question at this time is how do you switch the pump to drain? By drain do you mean pump from the anti-freeze jug and not the fresh water holding tank? I will assume that is what you mean and you have drained the fresh water tank, the hot water heater, removed the water filter and replaced the housing, drained the low point drains (three places) and shut off the valve on the back of the water heater located inside the SK.

Water pump is hidden behind the huge sheet of plastic in the storage compartment.( I cut several inches off the sheet of plastic so I do not have to remove it to get the filter and see in that area). I guess I'm going to have to assume there is a valve near the pump. The pump is behind the large sheet of plastic and you will need to remove the plastic to remove the filter cartridge, there will be no valve behind the pump and nothing you need to do to the pump, when you turn on the pump it will automatically pull antifreeze from the jug into the water lines and bypass the water heater because you shut off the valve behind the water heater. At this point you will need to open a faucet one at a time until you have the antifreeze running out the faucet.

Outside switch for the pump. A very good idea

The other thing we did was eliminating the water from going to the washer, as we will not use a washer, these lines may freeze.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Thats another point that I never thought of....the washer connection in the bedroom. I wonder if I'm sure I don't have city water connected and pump not running if I can open the low drain points and drain the water from the washer line. I suppose I could slowly open the valve at the washer end to allow air (I do not have a washer) and prevent suction from allowing drainage. As far as that big sheet of plastic in the basement, that could use some serious re-design. I had the dealer remove the water filter before I picked up the unit. I had experience with them before in other units and its all bad....no bypass so you have to fill entire cannister with anti-freeze....did that...brite pink all the way to the top....froze....split....anti-freeze all over. It also requires a lot of maintenance and reduces water pressure. So I had the dealer just plumb around it on this unit. Looks like we might be able to get in one more weekend yet and then the winterize thing.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
Old 09-18-2009, 09:40 PM   #10
Seasonal Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeG
If you have the pump off and city water disconnected, open all your faucets and then open your low point drains. The washer lines will drain, as long as you opun the valves.

Nights camped in 2010 = 009
GeorgeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #11
Seasonal Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeG
Quote:
Originally Posted by calliopeguy
This question is specific for a Kingston KF33SK. I know we've kicked this around but did we ever come to a firm answer as to what each of the three blue valves do in the water control panel? Some have said low point drains, some have said hot water drain...anybody know for sure?

The two at the bottom are low point drains. The one in the middle is for changing the pump pick up from tank to the winterize connection.

Nights camped in 2010 = 009
GeorgeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:48 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

GeorgeG, thanks for the answer I have been out of town just got in picke the Kingston SK up it has been repaired and is now home so, I was able to look at the blue valves and the one blue is as you have state, again for clearing that up.