Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2017, 02:25 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Another LED thread, my results

After all the threads, discussions, etc, couple months ago I purchased and installed my LEDs. I purchased two different to account for
1) see if one purchase was a dud
2) compare brightness and tone (some complain about certain lights)

Overall, very happy with them. We usually don't use too much juice since we boondocks. On a 3 day weekend, we will draw down our batteries pretty low, but 3 days without charging is normal. We don't run high load and the fridge runs off of propane so lights and occasionally charging a phone/camera battery is about all the electricity we use.

First one ----- HERO-LED T10WG13T-CW 12V DC T10 Wedge 194 921 168 Ultra Bright 13-LED 5050 SMD LED Bulb, 20-Pack, Cool White

Second type ----- XT AUTO Supper Bright 20 x White T10 Wedge 5-SMD LED Light bulbs W5W 2825 158 192 168 194

I found them both to be quality, with the Heros seeming to be packaged a little better (nothing against the XT Autos) but the hero were in individual boxes, the XTs were just all tossed into a plastic bag. Both easily plugged right in, every single LED worked (no duds).

The main difference is the Heros are a brighter, whiter light than stock. The XT Autos are perfect for the bed areas where you want a more muted, dim light for reading next to someone sleeping. They are too dark for areas I want to be well lit. Neither created any heat, whereas the stock bulbs got hot fast.

After replacing, we went out for a 3 day trip. We barely used any electricity at all. If we get another successful test, I would consider not bringing my genie for a short 3-4 day boondock trip. Really happy with both, sure wish I had made the swap last season, even at the cost for the heros.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:28 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Those sounds pretty lights for their purpose.
dipped02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:21 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

LED's are wonderful. I bought relatively cheap ones direct from China on Ebay a couple of years ago and have had no problems on several 4 to 6 week trips. I prefer the "daylight" color temp. over the blue white ones or the yellowish ones. You can run several at once before you hear the converter fan come on. They are absolutely a major improvement over incandescents. I even added a string of RF remote controlled LED's under the unit for mood lighting.