Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2016, 06:02 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Can window trim be replaced?

We have a 2013 Cruiser 305SK. The windows have trim pieces down the sides that look nice, but protrude out from the wall about 3 inches. This means that furniture must be placed further away from the wall, especially the recliners, so that some amount of usable living space is lost. Has anyone removed these and replaced with curtains or another type of trim? Was it a hard process? It looks like they held on the wall by a couple screws, but not sure if they are also glued on. They may be glued on to the cross piece across the top of the window (which I want to keep). Thanks.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:59 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

We removed all of the wooden side valances from our trailer shortly after we purchased it. We purchased matching fabric material from the manufacturer through CrossRoads and my wife made curtains that we attached to the top valance with staples. Looks really nice and you don't have to contend with the wood side valances. With the way things have been going with CrossRoads I am not sure if you could still purchase matching fabric from them or not.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:52 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I shortened some of my side valances to raise them above the furniture. They are just held on with 2 screws. Since the upper end is hidden behind the top valance, I just cut it off ( fabric, foam and wood) with a hack saw, then stapled the edges. I only had to remove a few inches so the wall bracket still worked, just needed to relocate the screws.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote