Old 06-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Has anyone else tried this fridge fan for the fridge? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DOMET...Q5fAccessories

I bought one and it makes the fridge actually run warmer than if I dont have it?

I tried it with and without the fan and without the fan the fridge runs cooler.

Anyone got any theories?

Im stumped

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

But is it more of a consitant temp ? We don't have any issues with ours, Even when packed tight.

gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

its constant either way. I was just kind of baffled when I put it in I figured it would start to be colder and was actually warmer.

Does your blow air towards the fins or does it blow the air away from the fins?

Mine blows the air towards the fins and I just was thinking maybe the fins are getting colder air blown over them so it isnt turning on as much hence the warmer temps in the fridge.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

We do not have one. If we have issues with our fridge it's that it runs too cold. I have it set as warm as it will go and it's @32 + or - 3 degre. It's real bad when it's empty

gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

My concern is not so much with the inside temperature of the fridge because it seems to be doing the job well. My concern it getting rid of the heat generated by the absorption of heat by the ammonia especially on hot days. To improve the heat removal, I mounted fans at the bottom of the back of the fridge to assist in air movement up the chimney. This has worked quite wellin daytime temperatures up to 105 degrees.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamops

My concern is not so much with the inside temperature of the fridge because it seems to be doing the job well. My concern it getting rid of the heat generated by the absorption of heat by the ammonia especially on hot days. To improve the heat removal, I mounted fans at the bottom of the back of the fridge to assist in air movement up the chimney. This has worked quite wellin daytime temperatures up to 105 degrees.

Yes I also have a fan mounted outside to help blow the heat up through the chimney on top.

Mine when I have the fan inside the fridge turned on, it keeps the temp right at the top of the safe range on my thermometer, right at 38-40 degrees.

When I turn the fan inside the fridge off the temp goes down and sits at 33-35 degrees at the lower end of the safe range for food storage.

Now it isnt all that hot here the past few weeks, so Im concerned about it, because in the hot temps of the summer the temp may go out of the safe range.Then I wont feel safe with the food stored inside it. Plus I spent the money on the fan for the insideand everyone else that has bought themhas been saying the fans cool the firdge down alot where as mine is the opposite. (Im refering to all the testimonials he has on his ebay auction)

So I just thought I would get some opinions on why you all may feel it is working oposite in my fridge.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #7
Site Team

We use a small fan in the fridge, not to make it colder or, warmer, but to make the temps more consistent (even) throughout the inside of the fridge. It's a small unit. Takes 2 d cell batteries. We set it on the bottom blowing up.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:56 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Could it be messing with the temp control???? I never could figure out how the slide control works
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

CH yes I ws thinking that too but the fridge temp control (thermostor) is on the far right of the fins. So I dont think it is effecting that at all but I am going to try the fan all the way to the left on the fins and see how that goes.

And to let you know how that thermistor works, (someone told me here follow this post at the 7th post hunter explains it better than I could http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum/fo...ID=17858#17858)

Old 06-18-2010, 12:19 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicHammond
Could it be messing with the temp control???? I never could figure out how the slide control works
Don't feel bad we owned our old triler 10 years NOT knowing you could adjust it.The PDI on the Cruiser the tech told us slide UP for colder DOWN for warmer. The fin will be WARMER near the top and COLDER on the bottom telling the unit to cool more or less by fin temp,pretty simple but works.

2006 GMC Duramax-Edge Evolution

2011 CT29RLX

Bikes,Canoe,toys,toys,toyz
we-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote