Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2010, 03:02 AM   #21
Seasonal Camper

Just a thought, with more and more Cruiser's showing up on the left coast I wonder if CR would be interested in sponsoring a meet like they have at their factory somewhere out west. It could create more interest in their products and give some of us westerners an opportunity to meet some of the factory people and each other.

https://www.runnerduck.com/images/dev...andtrailer.jpg

KennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #22
Weekend Camper

If my awning is open I cant latch my door!!
2010 ST29QB

2010 ST29QB

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...in/TVsetup.jpg

gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:54 AM   #23
Seasonal Camper

Is your awning up all of the way ??

A turbo busa eh ? I rode one that did not have a turbo on it, That bike is above my riding skills, 145mph in what seemed like 10ft lol. It was fun but more than power than I need on two wheels. I'm not smart enough to ride know how to control me right hand. I had a KZ1000 and it looked fast and was loud, It really was slow, 600 Ninja slow lol.

gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:47 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

Here's my .02:

1. No privacy window on the entry door

2. Towel and TP racks

3. A vent shade in the bedroom, it gets bright in there really early, and I'm an early riser lol. I'm going to put on a dark vent cover but I would like some sort of shade that goes over the vent from the inside.

4. I would say at least 75% ofcampers want to bring bikes camping, make every camperwith the ability tohold 4 bikes, from the rear,right of the get go from the factory.

5. BETTER TIRES

Please keep in mind that all in all I am very happy with the Zinger 300BH. The price is right in line with an entry level travel trailer and the quality is inline also.

We took delivery of our camper in June and have spent 17 nights in it, we are very happy thus far.

2001 Chevy Suburban

Two Kids

One Wife

One Dog
jimmbo407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:09 AM   #25
Full Time Camper

Reading through all these suggestions, I wonder how more MORE you/we would be willing to pay in order to have these items included? I realize some of these are small cost items like tp holders, but it still takes time to attach them to the walls, adding to the cost.

In my case I thought the price was fair for what I ordered and received. I'm not sure I would be willing to pay much more for an extra amenity or two.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:17 AM   #26
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
A few things, there was a previous thread like this and it's healthy for Crossroads to hear some feedback:

1) Get some more innovative family floorplans. The front bunk room needs to be dressed up with a slide that has a couch or entertainment center like Keystone has done. The 31SB I had would be great with another slide opposing it to allow more bunks. Many companies now have at least one rear bunk layout with a outside kitchen. CR does well on couples floorplans but is waaaaaay behind in family floorplans.

2) Finish quality inside, I had one of the first 2009's with the new tuscany maple wood. Mine had nail holes filled with the oak-colored putty and some areas were shot so many times it took wood tape from the factory to cover it up and make it look clean. Simply unacceptable on a unit with a MSRP of 40K++

3) Drop the Lippert axles. How many times do people have to have these things replaced? Mine were replaced within the first year - I never read about those issues with Jayco and other's who use Leland/Dexter components.

4) The carpet looked 5 years old in the first 5 days of use. Please, I'd pay 5$ more for you to use the next level up in carpet material.

5) Finish the basements off. All that plumbing, wiring and framing should be covered just like Heartland/Forest River do in their mid-profile units. No one wants to see dangling wires, plumbing runs and raw wood edging.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:57 AM   #27
Seasonal Camper

Al, I didn't start this to be a complain thread and I don't think it has been , Just looking for ideas on how to make these better, How much more would it cost to have good tires from the factory, Or at least an option ? If i'm parking it and never going to move it ( seasonal site ) yea, give me the cheaper tires. Carpet delete,,, It's an option they just don't tell you about it,,, Bull butter we would have checked that box when we ordered our camper and I told them as much when we went to the rally.

I think the idea of us sharring or likes and dis likes will only help CrossRoads in the future.
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #28
Family Vacation Member

While at the rally they talked about the tires and it seems like alot of people talk about the tires but they have very limited warranty issues, maybe it is that they last just over the two years, they said it is hard to change due to cost and the fact that there are no claims. The preview of the new changes at the factory was great...there are changes to most layouts, the cruiser is totally different no step in the bedroom any more. Better quality carpet is also there.

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7
RSCREES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #29
Family Vacation Member

Sorry forgot to add that the graphics are totally different as well, looks great!

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7
Old 07-28-2010, 10:37 AM   #30
Full Time Camper

It could also be that the lack of tire damage claims by Crossroads would be because they are like most other manufactures and make you deal with the tire company if you have a damage claim due to a cheap tire blowout. I would glady pay $300 to $500 more for a trailer with a good set of tires on it from the get go considering we had to invest $750 ina new set of tires after our OE Missions gave up before 5k miles.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:50 AM   #31
Full Time Camper

I'd really like to see the changes and hear more about them! I would really like to know if anymore bunk layouts are coming our way and so on! Perhaps CR can post a preview of new floorplans here like they have in the past.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #32
Family Vacation Member

There will be a new bunk layout in the cruiser for 2011 they are building them as we speak and also a possibility of a new bunk in the seville / kingston line. They say the price will be between the two. I will ask those who were at the rally to see if anyone has pics.

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7
Old 07-28-2010, 11:27 AM   #33
Full Time Camper

Great! I'd love a general idea of the layout for the new cruiser bunk.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #34
Seasonal Camper

There's a new bigger 5er in the works.
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:47 AM   #35
Weekend Camper

Mine is a 32QB.
Just to add to the many who have already said it: BETTER TIRES!

Window coverings in the bunk house are worthless (basically sheer cloth - lingerie is less see-through!), and the window in the pack & play door can't be covered at all - why is there a window in that door?

TP holder

Larger tanks (ours are all 40s)

better weight balance - the trailer GVWR is just over 8,000lbs, but the hitch weight is over 1,000 pounds.

An inverter - what good are all these outlets if I can't use them without adding an inverter?

A better owner's manual. I would guess that for a lot of people who buy an entry level trailer like the Zinger it's their first foray into RVing. Knowing how to do what would be invaluable - even things like how the fridge works on auto mode. Sure, there are all the manufacturer owner's manuals, but a basic "intro to RVing" type manual would be nice.

Now that I've complained about a bunch of things, I have to say - I LOVE our trailer, and I LOVE the family time that it gives us. I took my 3 year old camping last weekend, just daddy/son, mommy stayed home. He crawled in my bed early Saturday morning and the first thing he said was "daddy, I love camping..." PRICELESS! Every day when I get home from work he says "daddy, we go camping now?"
caedenspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:24 AM   #36
Family Vacation Member

Only had about 5 nights in our new unit andI don't have much to add but a shade over the skylight in the bedrooms, a tp holder (can't understand that one) and a light in the switch box would be great.

On the plus side the loft bedroom is a blast my 3 yr old gives visitors the tour of his 'secret hideout' makes all the little troubles that much smaller.

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #37
Family Vacation Member

A.Do not use parts from China.
B.Replace the stove with Micro Convection Oven.
C.Instead of a plastic plug on the hot water tank put a valve,so winterizing will be easier.
D.Second air condition for the bedroom.
E. Better kitchen faucets.
F. Better shower head.
G. Much better hide-bed , one that you can really sleep in with out sagging to the middle.
Hope we are not just wasting our time...

CF29CK 2006

F-350 2006

https://danyshula.blogspot.com//
danyshula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:49 AM   #38
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to Martin&Rog

Martin and I are new to the forum. Picking up our 2011 Cruiser 27RLX on Friday. I've read through everyone's comments here, everyone offering good suggestions and improvement recommendations.

My question is, does anyone from CR manufacturing contribute to this forum? What I mean is, does a CR rep provide feedback on this forum to any questions, concerns or issues that the CR owners may have? I ask because I know that the owner of the Hitchhiker company gets on their forum regularly and asks and answers questions of the Hitchhiker owners group.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:00 AM   #39
Full Time Camper

I have never seen them respond to questions or problems on this forum and I joined the day the forum came online. I have seen a couple of dealers respond but that is about it and that is rarely. I know they do read the forum and you will see the Crossroads forum admin. on here from time to time. It would be nice if they did have a couple of people that would participate in the discussions and give us Crossroads view on curtian hot topic issues.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:47 AM   #40
Full Time Camper

I agree with Hunter11, I also wish they would get invlved.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote