Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2017, 07:47 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I just replaced all of my interior lights with LED as well

What a huge difference they made and are don't get hot like the stock interior lights..! Purchased some on Amazon. I don't have the name brand in front of me but I researched and looked at the reviews of the LED lights I purchased and I am quite pleased with them ..!
dmetcalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:30 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

Hope you have better luck with LEDs than I did, tried a half a dozen LEDs & all but 2 didn't last 60 days before half of each bulb didn't work. I've only replaced 4 halogen bulbs in 4+ years which those 4 cost about a third of 1 LED, I'll stick to the halogen.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:09 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

I replaced all mine as well and am quite happy so far. One thing I noticed was that they all caused multiple yellow "streaks" projected everywhere and it was really annoying while reading a book. The solution is to place a piece of single ply toilet paper over the clear part of the lense. Voila, no streaks!

2008 29CK
Old 03-10-2017, 04:03 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I replaced all our 20 watt halogen with these from Amazon. No issues at all. First I tried were wafer. I personally didn't like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:53 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

My wife wanted lights over the couch, above the bed and a couple other places that wasn't bright so I purchased a 10 pack of led reverse lights from eBay and they were perfect. We hardly even use the other brighter standard bulbs at all.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:22 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I'm wondering if we maybe purchased the wrong kind. We changed all the lights in our previous RV with LEDs. We didn't like them. Too bright. We like to softer light of the standard bulbs.
Anyone have any pictures of the two to compare?

2016 Crossroads 291 RL Z-1
2015 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi Outdoorsman
www.wildlifeupclose.com
moore_rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:47 AM   #7
Site Team

Look at this page for difference: See the difference with Arcon LEDs |

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:19 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

I have had a couple of the LED lights in my 305SKP fail...I have been replacing them with a surface mount LED I have purchased at Command Electronics The light is the K9020 Double Omaga Interior Lights with warm LED $39.95...I get the one with the black switch (3 detent switch) off, one side lit, both sides lit...I find it to be very bright, when both sides are lit, but more like an incandescent light, but I can turn one side off if I want it to be a little less bright...I have had good success with these lights...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:39 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorris View Post
I replaced all mine as well and am quite happy so far. One thing I noticed was that they all caused multiple yellow "streaks" projected everywhere and it was really annoying while reading a book. The solution is to place a piece of single ply toilet paper over the clear part of the lense. Voila, no streaks!

2008 29CK
Update: I've had to replace 4 of 18 of the LED light "packs" so far after 4 months of use. In all a solder joint failed and the same diode(?) fell into the lense. The company has sent replacements. I took a picture and told them they might want to inform their Chinese manufacturer.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2017, 04:25 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

Don't count on any info being transferred to China....cheaper to just send replacements to people like us that actually compliain....Most will just say " oh well" and buy more .....sad

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 05:45 AM   #11
Seasonal Camper

I replaced all of mine with relatively cheap ones direct from China on ebay to experiment and have had no problems with several months use. You have to select the brightness and number of LEDs and also the color temperature to get enough and the right color light out of each one. I like it bright so prefer 5050 LEDs as close to 5000-5500 color temp as I can get, which is daylight as opposed to yellowish or blue white. I also put some 5050 string lights around the tub and vanity to light up the dark bathroom and we love it. Nobody has mentioned that you can burn a couple of bright LEDs and the converter fan doesn't come on, since they use so little electricity.

I think quality control is getting better and maybe the price also.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:50 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

I bought mine on eBay over five years ago with no problems. We use our RV about 6 months a year.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:14 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
Don't count on any info being transferred to China....cheaper to just send replacements to people like us that actually compliain....Most will just say " oh well" and buy more .....sad
I asked Kohree to replace all 18 LED panels in the 9 lights I bought through Amazon. I told them that hopefully the new ones would have the "updated" solder joints that will not fail in the future They are sending all new LEDs.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk