Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

LEDs

For those interested in LED's for their trailer look up item # 120960153862 on Ebay. At 10 for $7.99 with free shipping you can't lose much if they don't work out. The same vendor also has them in several different colors, blue, red, orange, etc. Same price.

I haven't tried them, just saw the ad.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Clif,

Can you post the link to share.

Thanks

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #3
Site Team

Mark, if you go to ebay and type in the item # it should take you right to it.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:04 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Thanks LLoyd,

Read through the email alert on my phone too fast!

Yes those look like a good deal. I wonder how bright they are compared to the original incandescent lights.

5 x 5050 doesn't seem like it would be bright enough. I have the LED's from Aliexpress and with 24 x 5050, that is just about equal lighting to the existing lights.

Old 10-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

I should know Friday if they arrive on time.

I think you have something mixed up, 24x5050 is a huge replacement. Look at the dimensions on the 5x5050, they are over an inch long.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:05 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Clif,

No mix-up but I am assuming your referring to LED replacements for inside the trailer. If not, just wanted to clarify these are small bulbs.

Here's a link of the lights I installed in my trailer. 24 5050 SMD's.

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6119480335.html

My point was the ebay listing does not provide output numbers that usually are listed for these type of lights. (lumens or watts). Those bulbs appear to be replacements for side or marker lights. They are bright for those type of lights, but not meant to be replacements for inside the trailer.

The dimensions on a 5050 LED are around 5x5 millimeters, Thats where the type "5050" comes from, 5.0x5.0mm. That's less than .25 inches across.

Not a criticism of what your found, I actually may order these this weekend to replace my brake, side and marker lights.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

I just bought these: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/390933076371
they were pretty good , a little bluer and weaker than the camping world flat panel models, for 6 c/w bulbs I paid 90 bucks, for 10 of these I paid 8 bucks! I used them in the least used fixtures and to completely remove all incandescents from the trailer. not bad. I'm sure you can find brighter ones though. they only face one way which for interior fixtures is the best way to go, unless you have regular side table lamps etc. that you need 360 deg light.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:10 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONSTAR View Post
I just bought these: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/390933076371
they were pretty good , a little bluer and weaker than the camping world flat panel models, for 6 c/w bulbs I paid 90 bucks, for 10 of these I paid 8 bucks! I used them in the least used fixtures and to completely remove all incandescents from the trailer. not bad. I'm sure you can find brighter ones though. they only face one way which for interior fixtures is the best way to go, unless you have regular side table lamps etc. that you need 360 deg light.

nice deal if you don't mind the bluish tint to the lighting. cant beat the price.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:22 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

I bought these and installed them, I am very happy with them considering the price. They are not blue at all, and work great.

Ebay LEDS
GN2MOAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:29 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

I got them in today. I had the flat paddle looking LEDs with 24 on them on one side. Very similar to what Mark posted. These are noticeably brighter with more even distribution since the LEDs are mounted around the bulb and not just pointed down. The paddle ones direct all the light straight down and nothing to the side. If someone want to provide an e-mail address I will send a picture comparing the 2 almost side by side. The picture posting on this site is a headache.

I'm going to change out the paddles for these.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by avvidclif View Post
I got them in today. I had the flat paddle looking LEDs with 24 on them on one side. Very similar to what Mark posted. These are noticeably brighter with more even distribution since the LEDs are mounted around the bulb and not just pointed down. The paddle ones direct all the light straight down and nothing to the side. If someone want to provide an e-mail address I will send a picture comparing the 2 almost side by side. The picture posting on this site is a headache.

I'm going to change out the paddles for these.

How to add photos to a post
  • Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
  • Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
  • Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 800 x 600 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 400K is recommended. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
  • Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:58 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

I installed the same paddle type led's and found them too bright and too focused. I flipped them over and found the light more appealing and the reflected light now lights a wider area.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:00 PM   #13
Site Team

Lloyd, I just sent him a pm with same instructions.

Clif, you just been double teamed.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:15 PM   #14
Full Time Camper

I noticed.....

If it works the picture was taken in my RV the light on the left has the paddle and the right has the new one. The new one is actually brighter than the picture shows and it's light is spread around more. The second picture has the paddle bulb on the left and the new one on the right.

The picture was taken at night so there is no outside light.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0119.jpg (199.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0121.jpg (177.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-17-2014, 07:54 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
How to add photos to a post
  • Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
  • Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
  • Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 800 x 600 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 400K is recommended. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
  • Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

I've done the same thing in the fixture over the bed. I noticed more heat build up on those lights with the lights faced upward.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:56 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

Quote:
I noticed.....

If it works the picture was taken in my RV the light on the left has the paddle and the right has the new one. The new one is actually brighter than the picture shows and it's light is spread around more. The second picture has the paddle bulb on the left and the new one on the right.

That's amazing. Those newer 5050's are much brighter. Are the paddle lights 5050 SMDs? They look smaller on the board comparative to the new ones. Regardless of what general of diode, the size should be exactly the same. 5.0x5.0 mm.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:54 AM   #17
Full Time Camper

If you reduce the size (i.e. pixels) on the pictures, they post quite well. I had to reduce mine from over 4,000 X whatever to 2,000 X whatever before they would post. To do this, right click on the picture, choose edit, then look for resize (near the top left of the screen). Choose pixels and change the number. Save the picture and you are good to go. I am using Windows 8.1. I don't know how it works with other operating systems. Make sure you resize a copy, not the original if you want to keep the original in regular size.

When you want to post a picture, go advanced, scroll down to attach files, click on manage attachments, then browse for the file and upload. Once it has been uploaded, close the window and preview your post. It should be there.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #18
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
I noticed.....

Those are the same as I used in my trailer. I found the small ones just a tiny bit too tall to fit outside without using silicone sealer on the covers. The round one I used for all the single lights but found on the doubles over the table and sofa were too dim so I used a single one combined with a larger sheet with twice the LED's.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #19
Weekend Camper

for best quality on led bulbs, I have found the ones from Neutek Lab. Website is neuteklab.com. I replaced all the bulbs in my Elevation with them and on the outside also. They have a good warranty on them also.
acftphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 05:19 PM   #20
Weekend Camper

oops, typed to fast for my fingers plus had a phone call in the middle of it all. I just looked up the website and wow it has changed from the last time I was on but it is as follows neuteklabs.com. apologies for missing spelling. Myself I just go directly to place of manufacture to get my bulbs or wait for the big show in Quartzsite Az and go there for even a better deal.
acftphd is offline   Reply With Quote