Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #21
Family Vacation Member

Wewent with the Costco MF topper about 5 years ago.Like someone else said "happy wife, happy life"

'06 F-250 SD V-10

SCT custom tuned

https://i785.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/SDC12617.jpg
ryeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:19 AM   #22
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperNJ
I replaced mine with ahome mattress.

I don't want anything remembering what happened!

That is too funny!

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:46 AM   #23
New Camper

We tried the foam topper but it just didn't have the comfort we were looking for. We invested in a Thermopedic mattress that was 11" thick. I got it at a mattress close out store for $400.00. Now we are sleeping much better. In fact we liked it so much we bought a King for the house!
akasurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:13 AM   #24
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck N. Wined
This is sort of a random post but I thought I would make it in case anybody is considering replacing the mattress in their camper. DW (and myself) where not overly happy with the mattress in our cruiser so we had consideredreplacing it witha "residential" mattress oreven dropping some big $ on an adjustable air one. But.. after Thanksgiving wesaw a steal on a 1 and 1/2 inch memory foam topper so we figured we could try it for the $40 it cost. Wow what a difference! It has made a tremendous improvement in the comfort. There is absolutely no need to replace it now. The only negative is that when it is cold the memory foam gets hard and it is sort of slow to warm up. I know other people have used these but to be honest, I was very skeptical of its effectiveness but not any more!

Lonnie
Will it help you with your leg? I would imagine that having that foam there will help keep you from rolling over to the heavy side and pitching onto the floor in the middle of the night.

Jeb1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #25
Full Time Camper

JEB welcome back

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #26
New Camper

Thanks. I've been attempting to get back here but the new forum sturcture was not cooperating.

Jeb1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #27
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb1945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck N. Wined
This is sort of a random post but I thought I would make it in case anybody is considering replacing the mattress in their camper. DW (and myself) where not overly happy with the mattress in our cruiser so we had consideredreplacing it witha "residential" mattress oreven dropping some big $ on an adjustable air one. But.. after Thanksgiving wesaw a steal on a 1 and 1/2 inch memory foam topper so we figured we could try it for the $40 it cost. Wow what a difference! It has made a tremendous improvement in the comfort. There is absolutely no need to replace it now. The only negative is that when it is cold the memory foam gets hard and it is sort of slow to warm up. I know other people have used these but to be honest, I was very skeptical of its effectiveness but not any more!

Lonnie
Will it help you with your leg? I would imagine that having that foam there will help keep you from rolling over to the heavy side and pitching onto the floor in the middle of the night.

Good to hear from you Jeb!

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:42 AM   #28
Family Vacation Member

The sofa-bed was so uncomfortable in our Zinger we removed it and replaced it with a 8"MF mattress cut short to fit the area. We also made it narrower so we could get to the dinette seat easier. Compared to the sofabed, this is like sleeping on a cloud.

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~
RanCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:04 AM   #29
Seasonal Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeG
I put in a 3" memory foam mattress also. Big difference Sleep better in the trailer than the bed at home!

Nights camped in 2010 = 009
GeorgeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:01 PM   #30
Seasonal Camper

We had tried a memory foam before at home but my wife didn't like the way the poly-urethane retained heat and made her sleep "hot". Last year Camping World had a free shipping deal on their eurotop matress so we ordered one to replace the original mattress in the fiver. I like it better than the pillow top in the house we paid 3X's as much for and the wife likes it too. And as we say, "when mommy is happy....

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...attresses/2571 (I think this is the one we got.)

Itships compressed and shrink wrapped. But once it was fully expanded we found it was well worth the money. We spent most of last summer sleeping in the trailer while our house was being remodled and I know I slept very well.

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:20 AM   #31
Full Time Camper

We bought a 4 ins. memory foam liked it so much we bought a second one to get our bed to the right height. We slept one week on our camper mattress and it was gone.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:34 AM   #32
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter11
Lonnie, we went with a 3" memory foam topper that is 4.5lb density in the trailer on top of the mattress. I now sleep better in the trailer than I do at home. We bought ours online from the Foam Factory.

We also have the 3" foam as hunter said man what a difference& as hunter I sleep better in the 5er than I do at home.

02 F250 PSD

07 Cruiser: CF29RK

You CAN get there from here it just takes longer https://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/100_1893.jpg
riverotter55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #33
New Camper

We also put in a foam mattress. Bought it at Wal Mart. GREAT
Old 03-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #34
jeb
Family Vacation Member

Lonnie, did you ever get that new leg?

Edited by: jeb
jeb is offline   Reply With Quote