Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2010, 08:03 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

just renewed our membership we added solar panels 6volt batteries(4) new yamaha generator,now going to put led lites inside

07 sunset trail 29rl

05 dodge quad cab hemi
laurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

laurie, I have a friend that is installing LED lights in his trailer and I have to admit they look a lot better than the ones that came in the trailer and they put off a nice white light. They also stay cooler than the stock ones.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

acording to jirahled (a led company in california) a lot less draw on the batteries

07 sunset trail 29rl

05 dodge quad cab hemi
Old 01-29-2010, 09:52 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

LED lights help the environment (Global warming, it's now 0 in northern KY) but it does make more sense.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

minus 10celcius tonight global warming ????????????????????

07 sunset trail 29rl

05 dodge quad cab hemi
Old 01-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Be prepared for a price shock. I upgraded to LED lighting about one year ago and I think I spent 250-300 to upgrade the trailer. If I remember, there were 7 ceiling lights that took 2 bulbs apeice, 4-spot lights, and 3 wall mounted lights. Yes, they do provide a whiter light, run a BUNCH cooler and yes, they do save a ton of energy. Example.....with the old lights, I could turn on the living room lights which was 3 ceiling lights, the fan on the converter would start to run. As I turned on more lights, the fan would ramp up in speed. After the conversion, I could turn on every light inside the camper and the converter fan would still not turn on. Even after having the lights on for several hours, you can still place

your hand on the lens, it is warm, but not so hot you can't touch it. I am working on finding something to adhere to the led light so that it wont rest directly on the lens and maybe provide a bit more lighting. It was an investment, but I also kept the old bulbs so when it does come time to upgrade, the LED's are going with me!!!

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:25 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

the lites that I ordered comes with 2sided tape just peel tape off and stick it in place

07 sunset trail 29rl

05 dodge quad cab hemi
Old 02-19-2010, 02:19 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

For anyone that has upgraded to the LED lights, are you using single replacement bulbs or are you replacing the guts of the light fixture? The reason I ask is while looking at campers this past weekend at a local RV show, I noticed several campers with LED lights that looked like they filled the entire light fixture. They put out some impressive light. When searching for replacement lights for my camper, I initially found some that were just an LED bulb. The site listed them for $5 each, but I wonder if they will put out enough light? Anyone have a website of the bulbs they are using now that you are happy with their performance?

Hensley, AR

'05 CF29RK,

'01 Ford F250 CrewCab
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:49 AM   #9
Site Team

This is where I got them.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fled_pro ds.htm

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:49 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

That's the same site I stumbled upon. Did you use the standard BA9s as a replacement bulb or the PCB series that has a whole computer board of LEDs?

Laurie, what kind and how many solar panels are you using? Are you using them to recharge or just maintain the existing charge? Edited by: Monty

Hensley, AR

'05 CF29RK,

'01 Ford F250 CrewCab
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

I used the same site as linked above. For the main lights, I used the PCB ones and for the spot floods I used the BA15's. I went with the W-24's as we both don't care for alot of light. If we are reading a paper, we either sit in the recliner or couch with one of the spot lights shining down. If you prefer a brighter light, then you will need to go with the W-36 or the WHP9 series.

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:07 AM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
That's the same site I stumbled upon. Did you use the standard BA9s as a replacement bulb or the PCB series that has a whole computer board of LEDs?

I have a combination of--------
921-+12 Wedge base bulb-White 921-W12 2.00
T10-PCB-CWHP9 LED Lamp. I used these in the overhead fixtures.
67-+15 LED bulb-White 67-W15 2.00 I think this is the one I put in the yard light by the door.
This thread coming back up reminded me I have to get a few more. I want to change out the florescent light over the sink for a LED for one thing.
We are really satisfied with them. When dry camping you don't have to be so stingy with the lights. Not much amp draw compared to the old ones. No heat either.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:37 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

The leds that I ordered you take out the bulb,plug in the conector stick the led panel up (two sided tape)put cover on and you are done.I ordered 6 to see what they would be like. We put 2 110 panels on the roof dont know the brand now(im old)runs to 4 6volt batteries then to a 2500inverter

07 sunset trail 29rl

05 dodge quad cab hemi
Old 02-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #14
Seasonal Camper

Here is the cheapest place that I had found so far to get the LEDs. I had just bought 1 of the cool whites off ebay that this guy sells toi try them out. They were a little too bluish white for me.

So I emailed him and asked him if he could get the warm white LEDs and he said no problem same price $9.79 withfree shipping. I sent him the cash and about 10 days later I had the light. They fit no problem in our Cruiser, they came with 3-4 different types of fittings for different style fixtures. They also come with a backing that sticks to your fixture just plug it in peal and stick and your good to go.

You cant go wrong with them either they are pretty bright in color and it cuts out the middlemans upcharge. (I seen the same lights 36 LEDs on a website and they wanted around 20-25 each same lights too)

Here iks the link to him on ebay http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote