Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2018, 09:32 PM   #21
Seasonal Camper

The LCI models have the adjustable legs on the bottom as well. I may pull my stairs off eventually. I don't think I will spend the money on the storage box. We are parked for most of the season, so the added bit of storage isn't a big priority for us.

SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:14 PM   #22
Full Time Camper

Would like to install these on mine but my building I back mine into at the house; the steps are to close to the wall to have these. Would have to hook up the 5er and pull it out just to get into the camper.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:03 PM   #23
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-T View Post
Would like to install these on mine but my building I back mine into at the house; the steps are to close to the wall to have these. Would have to hook up the 5er and pull it out just to get into the camper.
I read in a review where someone warned not to install these steps because of the inability to open them if parked too close to another RV. I thought it was a silly comment thinking I'm not interested in camping that close to anyone. Didn't think about storage. We were also considering portable aluminum steps that sit on the top step.

Old 04-29-2018, 09:27 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

Did these fit you opening our door flange is 27 7/8 our dealer ordered us a 28 inch 4 step model and it is too narrow but from what we can tell to order the 30 inch one may be too big as there’s really no adjustment to them
Debbiegottfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:21 PM   #25
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-T View Post
that is a consideration, storage, and in one campground we had to make sure we parked so the steps would not be blocked by a tree. I do agree with SeanRN, i don't want to camp anywhere that i am so close to the next camper that i cant open my stairs.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:56 AM   #26
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbiegottfried View Post
Did these fit you opening our door flange is 27 7/8 our dealer ordered us a 28 inch 4 step model and it is too narrow but from what we can tell to order the 30 inch one may be too big as there’s really no adjustment to them
If your door is 27 7/8 flange to flange, technically it won't fit. The stairs are only 26 5/8 inches. it's the bar that clips in place behind the flange. On the 30 inch model it is 28 wide and can't be adjusted. You would have to modify the door flange.
Attached Images
File Type: png LC678027c.png (107.5 KB, 5 views)

Old 10-04-2018, 09:00 PM   #27
Weekend Camper

We changed our steps too. Let the old ones in place, they not hurting anything. 6 months later I met an older couple camping, who drove off with the.original steps out, and they got crazy bent. If mine would have fit, he would have gladdly paid me for them. I never thought of them as spare parts, but I will keep them on the rv, and should I find another a fellow camper need in dyer need of them on the road, we'll work it out, I want only good karma in my life.

56jeff
56Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:56 AM   #28
Seasonal Camper

I added the MOR/Ryde steps recently and they make a world of difference.

I'm very pleased, entry and exit is now rock solid.

For safety I added flush mounted LED's to light the steps.

Easy ten minute install (the LED's took a little longer) and about half the weight of the OEM steps I took off.

Biggles607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:46 PM   #29
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles607 View Post
I added the MOR/Ryde steps recently and they make a world of difference.

I'm very pleased, entry and exit is now rock solid.

For safety I added flush mounted LED's to light the steps.

Easy ten minute install (the LED's took a little longer) and about half the weight of the OEM steps I took off.

can you please provide the information for the led lighting. i would like to do

that as well.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:05 PM   #30
Seasonal Camper

Jalapeno,

The LED's can be bought from the following supplier.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-Blue-6LE...72.m2749.l2649

And following is a link to a previous thread I authored regarding the installation of these and some under hull Blue LED's.

https://www.crossroadsowners.com/for...tml#post134473

I hope this helps.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:37 PM   #31
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles607 View Post
Jalapeno,

The LED's can be bought from the following supplier.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-Blue-6LE...72.m2749.l2649

And following is a link to a previous thread I authored regarding the installation of these and some under hull Blue LED's.

https://www.crossroadsowners.com/for...tml#post134473

I hope this helps.

thank you i ordered mine today.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:21 PM   #32
Seasonal Camper

Excellent, you'll not be disappointed.

Enjoy the installation process.

John
Old 10-15-2018, 07:44 AM   #33
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalapeno View Post
thinking about taking the old ones out. it would be great if there was a storage box that would mount in place of the old stairs. went camping this weekend and had multiple people stop to check them out and a few ask to try them out. they may not be for everyone but the stability for me and the ease for the dogs made them worth the money for me.
Steps look great, I have been debating doing that to ours.

I just saw in the latest Trailer-Life magazine they DO make a storage box for the location of the stairs... Found one on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Mor-Ryde-SP54.../dp/B0794TGCL2
priest6479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:06 AM   #34
Seasonal Camper

I went with these. I liked the idea that they store where the original steps were. They also have adjustable legs for the occasion that the ground is not level.

They come in 2 to 6 steps depending on height from trailer floor to ground.

They can also be deployed even when very close to something such as my house when I am getting the trailer ready for the next trip.

https://www.torklift.com/rv/glowstep-revolution
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:43 PM   #35
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by priest6479 View Post
Steps look great, I have been debating doing that to ours.

I just saw in the latest Trailer-Life magazine they DO make a storage box for the location of the stairs... Found one on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Mor-Ryde-SP54.../dp/B0794TGCL2
I actually installed their box shortly after it came out. they did not have it available when i initially did my install you can see it here http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...all-13712.html
i do like the box and it adds storage but you cant access the box when the stairs are down so it is a good place for wheel chocks but not for tools. and it would be better if it was a little bigger in size. its been a year an i still think these stairs are one of the best improvements i have made to our fiver. went to the okc fall show last weekend and climbing in and out of the display models made me appreciate these stairs.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:53 PM   #36
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyer View Post
I went with these. I liked the idea that they store where the original steps were. They also have adjustable legs for the occasion that the ground is not level.

They come in 2 to 6 steps depending on height from trailer floor to ground.

They can also be deployed even when very close to something such as my house when I am getting the trailer ready for the next trip.

https://www.torklift.com/rv/glowstep-revolution
they look like a great option and definitely better than the stock stairs. I really like the side mount boot cleaner and may have to mod my morides with something now that i have seen these. they also cure the clearance for close quarters such as when in storage. nice that steps can be added if necessary. only thing that im not sure of is the hand rail but i didn't buy the moride rail either so that really not an issue. you should give us and update after some use time. might be an option for my next camper. most of the toy haulers wont put the moride style stairs in the door for the garage area because they stick out and take up space and could cause damage. i could see where these would also be useful in that application. thanks for providing the info.