Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2017, 08:50 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

MORryde Steps installed.

hope you guys don't beat me up too much, this will be my first how to post. In february of this year the wife and i attended the dallas RV show, we ran across a nice toy hauler with the MORryde stairs installed and after climbing in and out of fifth wheels all day the wife loved these stairs. So now we have added the MORryde stairs to the camper. i took a few pictures and will do my best to explain my experience with the install.

I will say the installation is pretty simple if you follow the directions. the directions were very good and there isnt too much to do except line it up correctly and mark the locations for the five screws. the stairs come fully assembled with directions and a packet of screws.

the most important thing i discovered is to make sure the stairs are as flush as possible to the outside of the trailer otherwise you will have problems shutting the door with the stairs down. next make sure they are centered, the latching mechanisms are adjustable but you will want them to be as even as possible. next i used duct tape along the front edge to attempt to hold it in place while i lifted the stairs into a locked position so that i could predrill for the screws. only drill the outer two until the fit is checked. i had to adjust twice before i got it correct. throughout the process i recommend checking the fit in the up and down position before drilling the remaining screw holes.
and thats it. once installed the puppies went in and out several times with no issues. the standard stairs caused them lots of stress. the new stairs are 4 step where the old were 3 and that too makes a large difference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0686.jpg (323.1 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0689.jpg (207.9 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0691.jpg (325.2 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0693.jpg (147.1 KB, 77 views)
Old 09-28-2017, 05:39 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Nice job. Looks great.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:37 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thank you
Old 09-30-2017, 09:54 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

very nice...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:38 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

You left the old steps in place. Why not take them out?
2015 ST270BH
https://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:00 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgy View Post
thinking about taking the old ones out. it would be great if there was a storage box that would mount in place of the old stairs. went camping this weekend and had multiple people stop to check them out and a few ask to try them out. they may not be for everyone but the stability for me and the ease for the dogs made them worth the money for me.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:10 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Cost?

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel
2014 Zinger 27RL (Traded)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
markandkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:43 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgy View Post
The only down side I see to leaving them on is a little weight...If the camper is ever sold, Jalapeno only has to remove the MORryde stairs for the new camper...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:58 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by markandkim View Post
Cost?
They normally run close to $400 but camping world had them on sale for $285 plus $85 for shipping.
jalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:01 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyT View Post
The only down side I see to leaving them on is a little weight...If the camper is ever sold, Jalapeno only has to remove the MORryde stairs for the new camper...
You are correct sir and they will be going with me to the next camper. lol can't live without them now. Made a big difference in getting in and out. Now I just need to figure out how to put some led strips on them.
jalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:16 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

There is only 2small bolts on each side and the original steps slide out . Take them out and add a box that fits there for whatever.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:19 PM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Which ones did you buy? How wide is your door? I am buying these as well but want o check the dimensions of them.
My door is 28" wide and the step height they ask for is the distance from bottom of door to ground which is 33 1/2" for me.

2016 Crossroads 291 RL Z-1
2015 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi Outdoorsman
www.wildlifeupclose.com
moore_rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:20 PM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
There is only 2small bolts on each side and the original steps slide out . Take them out and add a box that fits there for whatever.
My wife and I were just talking about doing that when we replace our steps. Never enough storage!!!

2016 Crossroads 291 RL Z-1
2015 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi Outdoorsman
www.wildlifeupclose.com
moore_rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:17 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore_rvers View Post
Which ones did you buy? How wide is your door? I am buying these as well but want o check the dimensions of them.
My door is 28" wide and the step height they ask for is the distance from bottom of door to ground which is 33 1/2" for me.
if your door is truly 28 and a 33.5 " height it looks like you need STP-3-27-02H but you need to check your flange distance it needs to be between 23.75" – 26.25" if it is not then you need a different model. but please dont go by my recommendation make sure you take the measurements and choose the correct model.

be very careful and make sure your measure correctly i made the mistake of measuring inside the flanges and bought the 28inch model which ended up being too narrow for my opening. i am including the link to the morryde qualifier it tells how to measure for your steps. if this is not allow please remove the link
http://www.morryde.com/uploads/downl...lifier_v6a.pdf

look on your door sometimes it is in a hidden location but there should be a label that tells the exact size of the door. mine was a 30 in. this measurement is important but not as much as the next two.

measure your flange to flange opening, this is where the latches connect. very important you get the right size here. this is where i messed up the first time and had to take them back. the locks are adjustable but they have limits so make sure you get this one right.

and then yes from the bottom of the door opening to the ground try to do this one on level ground as any angle will cause a wrong measurement.

and then just take your time and follow the instructions its really pretty simple. if you are getting them from camping world check the online price and have the store price match.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:42 PM   #15
Seasonal Camper

$285 seems very reasonable for price. Nice job.

SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 03:39 PM   #16
Seasonal Camper

Would love to install some.....but have threshold with LED strip. Don’t think steps will clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:47 PM   #17
Weekend Camper

Looks great!
Thinking of the same install. How do you like them?

I am wondering if you like the 4 step or have you had problems not getting them all the way down if the ground is a little higher?

Do you remeber your measurements, if so, what was your threshold distance form ground?

Did they fit without any modification?

Any regrets or advice when selecting stairs?
Thank you!

Joe
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:34 PM   #18
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
Looks great!
Thinking of the same install. How do you like them?

I am wondering if you like the 4 step or have you had problems not getting them all the way down if the ground is a little higher?

Do you remeber your measurements, if so, what was your threshold distance form ground?

Did they fit without any modification?

Any regrets or advice when selecting stairs?
Thank you!

Joe
We love the stairs! There have been a couple of times where the adjustable legs were in the last hole for adjustment (all the way down) my threshold measurement was 36.5 inches which is the minimum for four step model but we wanted to make sure the first step was lower which makes it easier on the dogs. I did not have to make any modifications other than the mounting holes. Regrets/advice ? No regrets , measure then measure again make sure to get the right ones. Moryde has instructions on the website follow the directions and it's easy. One other thing don't raise or lower the RV with the steps down you. Could damage them. Everyone comments on how much they like them. They may not be for everyone but they work great for us.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:32 PM   #19
Seasonal Camper

LCI Solid Step

I finally broke down and bought the Lippert version of the Morryde step. I bought them on Amazon for $384 with free shipping. DW liked the LCI version better because the top step is deeper, 13".

The most important measurements are the door frame and distance to ground. The width of the door frame is what determines which stairs you purchase. The 30" steps are only 26.5" wide. My door frame is 28.25. The door flange measures 27.75. I called Lippert and they told me to order the 30" version. They are due in next week. I will try to do an installation video.

Morryde sells a storage box to replace the old steps. I'm going to leave mine so if I sell the 5th wheel I can take the stairs with me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Step Storage Box - MORryde Products
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180425_101850.jpg (202.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png LC678027a.png (160.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png LC678027b.png (146.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png LC678027c.png (107.5 KB, 10 views)

SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:06 PM   #20
Weekend Camper

I look forward to seeing your install. they look very similar in design and function so they should offer the same improvement in stability. Not sure about the lipperts but the morryde have pins that pull out to allow the individual support to be raised or lowered. please let me know how the lipperts work. as for the storage box. i did replace our steps with a storage box by morryde and love having a dedicated space for wheel chocks and such. just wish it was a little bigger. I saved the stairs too just in case we sell the RV. man those things are heavy. glad i did replace them as i found one mounting screw lose and one missing. anyway hope you love your new stairs looking forward to the video.