Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2016, 08:35 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

Sorry

Ladie's and gentlemen, I am truly sorry for starting this and other thread's, never meant for so much descention to be stirred up.

To homever posted : we don't use the outside shower.
The other's : we use the outside sink a lot, grand kid's washing up, dishe's, I've even used it to wash my hand's and face after eating a nice pizza mt. pie.

If your okay with putting water onto the ground, then so be it, I simply wanted to know what other's were doing to drain their's.

Sorry for being non ethical, later all.
hvnbnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:55 AM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvnbnd View Post
Ladie's and gentlemen, I am truly sorry for starting this and other thread's, never meant for so much descention to be stirred up.

To homever posted : we don't use the outside shower.
The other's : we use the outside sink a lot, grand kid's washing up, dishe's, I've even used it to wash my hand's and face after eating a nice pizza mt. pie.

If your okay with putting water onto the ground, then so be it, I simply wanted to know what other's were doing to drain their's.

Sorry for being non ethical, later all.
Mike, please don't think you started a contentious thread, and please don't think it necessary to apologize about it.

This has been a contentious subject here ever since Cross Roads put the ones with out the drain connected to a tank, on the market.
They are ones who should be apologizing to their customers, and then follow up with a fix.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:07 AM   #23
Seasonal Camper

Just to toss one more opinion into the mix...

I'm not a fan of the outdoor showers, but they don't really bother me. I've never turned mine on because it seems like one more thing to potentially leak or drip. As far as the ethics go though, I wouldn't be that bothered to know that some parents hosed down their rugrats and I'm camped close to it. I'd be more upset by the mud puddle than the contaminants of their shower.

But for the sinks, I have very strong feelings. I have dry camped more than once in spots where previous visitors have actually drained their gray tanks in camp. It's absolutely disgusting. All the food bits left over from their dish water create a large slick that draws flies. It's unthinkable. We've actually moved camps because of it.

So the fact that Crossroads contributed to this kind of campsite pollution (albeit on a smaller scale) is disappointing and irresponsible.
dedmiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:48 AM   #24
Family Vacation Member

After a week long trip to Myrtle Beach last week in the 250RB I took my unit to the dealer for some "service" work. I asked them to see if they could tie in the outdoor kitchen drain to the grey tank. The service guy said there was not a way to do that. I guess it's too much of a inconvenience to have some kind of convenience to use the kitchen sink without it dumping to the ground or coming up with a way to dump the drain to the sewer hose. I suppose on the next camper we buy I will make sure this is a non-issue.