Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2019, 06:21 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

RV Intelligence JAS-30 Installed

Received my JAS-30 from RV Intelligence today. Very simple to install. It took about 15 minutes to wire up the controller to my manual switch. The hardest part was to access the wiring behind my switch. I had to access mine from the small storage above the control panel by removing the bottom panel of the storage closet. Also downloaded the RVIQMOTION APP onto my IPhone which was very simple. I can still use my regular manual switch but allows me to also control the slide from my phone from inside or outside the fifth wheel. It’s a little pricey at $249.00 but well worth it for my piece of mind. My reason to need this wireless controller can be read from a previous post. http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...ion-14349.html Here is what the RVIQMOTION App looks like on my phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg BBC3788F-E36D-447D-9C99-6DDD27349204.jpeg (72.8 KB, 25 views)

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:42 PM   #2
Site Team

I Understand your original concerns with the slide. But my question is if you loose power say a fuse blows while you are in the bedroom with the slide closed do you have a way out? I understand this would be under extreme circumstance's that you would be in that situation.

Otherwise it looks like it solves your problem. And will it control multiple things at a time for example I have 3 slides would I need 3 of these?
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:14 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Yea I always have the exit window in the bedroom. Wouldn’t want to go out it often but in that situation I could get out. I could actually climb up on top of the closed slide from the bedroom in an emergency also and still be inside the camper. Might damage the slide doing that with the weight on top of it with it closed inside the camper but in an emergency I would do it. Non emergency just the power out or blown fuse I would use the emergency exit window. And yes you can only control one thing; slide, awning, etc. It wires between the manual switch and the wires going to the item you want to control. I thought about wiring a second switch on the other side of the slide by the bedroom but by the time I purchased enough wiring, switch and all the work to fish the wire down the back from the control panel, under the bottom and back up through the wall it was easier to just purchase the JAS 30 and be done with it. Would like to have it to control my other slide and my awning but my wallet is empty. Lol

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote