Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2017, 03:05 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

RV Lock wireless door lock

This was a great deal on Black friday. Also the install was super easy. The quality feels very sturdy, better than the stock unit. I am thinking about installing another one for the rear door since the key fob will lock and unlock 2 seperate units.

I am in the middle of searching for good solid baggage locks that are secure. The standard ones are cheap and anyone with a camper can open those storage bays. (input welcome).

Enjoy my silly little video....

https://youtu.be/SifyZDf2kB0
jimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:38 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Bought one last week.

I have one of these sitting on my counter waiting to be installed. It was $239.00 through RV Lock. They have a special, enter keyless20 at check out and get 20% off, that's $47.99. Then if you agree to let RV Lock post to your Face Book page, They will give you another $20 off after you purchase. So I paid like $171 with free shipping. Going to install this weekend.

They ran a special for President's Day, 35% off with a second key fob. Sorry I missed that deal.

I was looking at the keyless baggage locks, but I have 2 per door. Was thinking of doing one on each, or just on the curb side, but at $176 each, that's a lot of money.

SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:30 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanRN View Post
I have one of these sitting on my counter waiting to be installed. It was $239.00 through RV Lock. They have a special, enter keyless20 at check out and get 20% off, that's $47.99. Then if you agree to let RV Lock post to your Face Book page, They will give you another $20 off after you purchase. So I paid like $171 with free shipping. Going to install this weekend.

They ran a special for President's Day, 35% off with a second key fob. Sorry I missed that deal.

I was looking at the keyless baggage locks, but I have 2 per door. Was thinking of doing one on each, or just on the curb side, but at $176 each, that's a lot of money.
That is pricey... I'm looking at the baggage locks with the barrel type key. Should be more secure and much cheaper. I've been thinking of placing the locks on both sides and eliminating the thumb operated one.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2017, 08:44 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmerz View Post
That is pricey... I'm looking at the baggage locks with the barrel type key. Should be more secure and much cheaper. I've been thinking of placing the locks on both sides and eliminating the thumb operated one.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I don't want to spend the money on the slam latch locks. The $176 is not bad for one, but I'm not spending $587 on 4 locks with the 20% discount. I haven't found slam latch replacements without having to replace the whole handle. I may pull one off and take it to a lock smith and see what they can do.

As for the keyless door handle, for me it's worth every penny not to have to carry keys to the pool, in the canoe, out on a bike ride or leave them in my car and get to camp on my motorcycle and not have a key. If there is a problem in my RV, I can give the campground owner the code to get in and change it when I go back. Worth it for me, but certainly understand that it isn't worth the cost to others.

SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:25 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanRN View Post
I don't want to spend the money on the slam latch locks. The $176 is not bad for one, but I'm not spending $587 on 4 locks with the 20% discount. I haven't found slam latch replacements without having to replace the whole handle. I may pull one off and take it to a lock smith and see what they can do.

As for the keyless door handle, for me it's worth every penny not to have to carry keys to the pool, in the canoe, out on a bike ride or leave them in my car and get to camp on my motorcycle and not have a key. If there is a problem in my RV, I can give the campground owner the code to get in and change it when I go back. Worth it for me, but certainly understand that it isn't worth the cost to others.
The keyless handle is definitely worth every penny, especially since I got it for $120 on Black Friday. I was just saying the baggage handles were pricey. I was amazed at how easy it was too install and I can't wait for the camping season this year...