Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2018, 05:25 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Securing Dinette

I was tired of crawling around under the table to secure the dinette and chairs for travel. When we had our RV in for a repair, we had them install 2 U bolts into the studs on either side of the table. They are about 16 inches from the floor. Now I just use bungees with hooks on the end to go around the table and chairs to secure them. I also sliced a pool noodle and put it on the edge of the table so it doesn't damage the wall from rubbing against it. It works great. Saves my knees and back.
sllamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:28 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

sllamp
I have never secured the chairs for our dinette...I push them into the table but not far enough that they touch either the table or any of the other chairs...I have never had them move around or bang each other or the table...I have traveled some bumpy roads and have never had a problem...With all that being said, what ever works for you is best...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:06 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thumbs up Securing Dinette on 27RKX

Hi Sleepy T. On previous RV's we could get away with that. But, we have a 2012 27RKX Fifth Wheel and it came with the table screwed into the floor. When we use it, we like to turn the table, so we removed the screws. And, if you see the floorplan, it's pretty wide open. Lots of room for movement from vibration and bumps. We've just gone from where we store it to home and the chairs and table are all over the place. But, we love our fifth wheel and wouldn't trade it. We've had it almost 6 years now. It's our 5th RV and the one that we've kept the longest.
sllamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:49 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

sllamp
We all have things that we have to attend to so our equipment is kept in good operating order and in good condition...Some times that takes some trial and error...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bungee, dinette