Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2019, 12:02 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Settee or Table and Chairs ?

I need some opinions here. Our travel trailer has a settee and sofa in the one slide. When we are camping we do not seem to have a place for our open suitcases. The hanging closets on each side of the bed do not hold much and we are mostly living out of our suitcases. They end up on the bed during the day, and on the floor at night.

Has anyone changed out the settee for a table and chairs to afford more room for clothing? At least we could put them in the corner. The table and chairs do not take up as much room as the settee.

My only other thought is to buy a larger travel trailer that has bunk beds. I would remove the bunk beds and make a huge closet that would hold everything. (The GF would be happier)
***Going for 1 million miles***
Hballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:27 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

We took the table and chairs out of our RV and replaced it with the couch. Later we realized that there is a 6-8" deep cavity under the couch that could be used for storage. It became the "spare bedding" storage and gave us part of the area under the bed for clothes. ..and now between the two couches and two recliners we can sit 7 or 8 adults comfortably.

Note that we don't travel with "dress" type clothes. RV time is "comfortable clothing' time.
mdbeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:42 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Our bed lifts up on two gas pistons which makes it difficult to get in and out frequently. You did give me a thought about making sliding drawers under the bed which would take care of the problem and keep the settee where it is. I guess an additional sofa would be good for company, but now you have to either eat on the sofas or outside, rain or shine .
***Going for 1 million miles***
Hballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:52 PM   #4
Site Team

Must be a "Midwest" thing but I had to Google "settee". It came back as what we call a loveseat so I looked up your camper and you have what we call a Booth. So to answer the original question Yes you can replace the booth with a table but would you not loose storage from under the booth seats. The drawers under the bed is a good idea. We do not use the under storage for anything but extra bedding for when our son comes along so it rarely gets used.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:52 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Removed table and chairs

I just took the table and chairs out of our slide. There just wasn't enough room. The table anchored to the floor and you had to take out the front chair to get to the back one, or slide across. Also the chair backs were stuck under the window valences.

I was looking for a booth, but found a nice L shaped dinette that fits perfectly. Much easier to get in and out of.

I could fit some baskets for storage underneath, but I am not sure what I would put in there.
Dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote