Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2017, 04:08 PM   #1
New Camper

Slide out bed under couch any mounting ideas. 31BH

Hello -

Wondering if anyone has made any mods to the Crossroads Rezerve 31BH slide out bed that is under the couch. For those that are not familiar with the setup in the bunk house there is a couch that is more like a futon and folds flat into a bed. Underneath that couch there is a pull out bed that is just a plywood slide out with a kids mattress on it. Looking for away to mount this because it is just loose at the moment. Would love to mount it with drawer sliders or something to makeit slide in and out easy. Any thoughts or has anyone done something different with this? Also since it is on the back slideout it dips down about half an inch when it is pulled out causing you to either sleep slanted or have to pull this bed out into the middle off the lip of the floor and slide out which again is a pain to push back in and line up everytime. Just seeing if anyone has solved this problem before I waste to many brain cells on it
Tucker579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:54 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

I have a rezerve 32B with a trundle bed as you describe.
I have not had a need to modify as the bed has is own wheels separate from the couch it is under. We pull it out onto the floor where its level and done.
I question your theory on the slides mounted to the couch. In my unit the couch is movable, not fastened to the slide. If you put slides attached to the couch the whole thing will tilt once a person gets into the bed.

You would need to first mount the couch to the camper slide, or have the trundle slides mounted to the bedroom slides so the bed is hard fastened to something. Add to that the size of the bed slides to support a child's weight, along with bouncing and movement that comes with children. The bed slides would be quite large. Also when the slides are extended wouldn't that also be a trip hazard or a place to stub little toes?

Personally I would look at ways to level it when extended as it appears that is the issue.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:57 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I just wanted to add. My trundle bed is easy to pull in and out. Perhaps you have another issue that causes binding. The trundle bed in my unit is on wheels.