Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #21
Family Vacation Member

That is really strange, I will look at my Jensen wiring diagram tomorrow. sounds like you have everything hooked up correct. So if you unplug the Audio out cables and plug in the component cables does a DVD play ok with sound?

shoe2728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:46 AM   #22
Seasonal Camper

Strange indeed...DVD works perfectly using the component cables and disconnecting the audio out cables from the TV. Most of the time we just watch TV so it's not a big problem, just annoying to switch cables.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:06 AM   #23
Full Time Camper

Ok, on your TV. The Jensen cables are plugged into the Audio/Video in jacks on the back. There are 2 added jacks below the main panel that are the audio out jacks. They should be connected to the Aux 1 in jacks on the back of the Jensen. That setup caused the noise. The isolator was used in place of the red/white cable hooked to the audio out on the TV and Aux 1 input on the back of the Jensen. That corrected the problem.

Is that your setup? Where did you install the isolator?
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:53 AM   #24
Family Vacation Member

Make sure you had the isolator connected correctly like Clif said.,Basically isolator is between TV audio out jacks and Jensen Aux input. Something else you can try. You had said that audio cables got hot when the video/audio cables were plugged in. You can try to unplug one cable at a time and see which one (R,L,or Video) is causing the audio cables to feel hot.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:49 AM   #25
Seasonal Camper

Didn't think about disconnecting the AV cables one at a time to see which one was causing the audio out cables to get hot, will try that tonight. A couple of days ago I hooked up a satellite receiver using component cables and had to disconnect the Jensen DVD, then connected the audio out to the aux in and it worked great (no hum or buzz and the isolator didn't change anything). Yesterday I got an HDMI cable for the receiver and reconnected the DVD and that's when the audio out cables got hot and the noises returned.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #26
New Camper

I just purchased a Toshiba 32" LCD for our new 5th wheel. Our 5er did not come with any tv's. The factory installed a cable for video and audio from the Jensen DVD into whatever tv we mounted but there is no cable to take audio out from the tv back to the Jensen unit. The cable for the Jensen DVD to the tv is buried in the wall. Did you fish a second cable for the audio out from the tv to the Jensen?

Thanks

2005 RAM 3500 SRW
Burrko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #27
Family Vacation Member

you have to take out the Jensen amp and there will be wires on the back for audio in. The cables should be marked Left and right audio in. Make sure the TV you bought has Audio out. To take out the Jensen amp, there is a plastic ring around it hiding the screws. The ring just pops off and then you will see the screws. There will be a lot of wires on the back of the Amp but its easy to plug in the cables then feed them to your tv.

Not sure where the Jensen is mounted in your unit. I have a 305skp, but it should still come out same way.
Edited by: shoe2728
Old 04-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #28
New Camper

Great!

Thanks

2005 RAM 3500 SRW
Burrko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #29
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by avvidclif
I received a reply at 11:59 asking if it fixed the problem (yes), a copy of the receipt, and the VIN #. I just e-mailed it in and am waiting to see what happens.

Get your receipts out folks, looks like they may pay off.

In today's mail was a check from Crossroads for the isolator I bought at Radio Shack.

How about that!!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 05:41 AM   #30
Weekend Camper

Just picked up my 31BH and I have the same system you listed. I am having a problem with sound not coming from my receiver to my TV. It works fine through the stereo speakers but no sound through the tv. Your solution describes your TV audio out however I am having an issue with my TV audio in on my Toshiba TV. Does this solution work for this also? Thanks so much
awresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:05 AM   #31
Family Vacation Member

Not quite sure what your asking, Do you have audio if you play a DVD, Also you should have audio if watching a TV program thru the tv speakers. If no sound from TV show you may need to check your setup on the TV via the menu function on the tv remote control. Make sure you didnt hit the mute button. Let me know what you find out.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:51 AM   #32
Weekend Camper

When playing a DVD I get sound out of the stereo speakers but not the TV. When watching the TV the sound works fine through the TV. I know I will not have TV through the stereo as there is no audio out cord from the TV. The problem I am having is listening to the DVD on the Toshiba TV. All cords are attached properly but no sound. When I remove the cords and lightly attach them I do get static noises on the tv.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:16 AM   #33
Family Vacation Member

On mine and the the others there were audio out jacks on the tv that went to the jensen. On mine the cables were never hooked up and when I hooked them up I discovered the problem. Did you check the connections on the back of the Jensen. Just took my 5th wheel in this morning for some warranty work or I would go out and look at mine. I know it is a hassle but if you have another tv you could just set it in there and plug up the stereo to it. It just doesnt sound like the problem I was having. I know the Radio shack here told me if the ground fault isolator didnt fix the problam I could bring it back. So if they would let you return it, you could try it.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #34
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by awresch
When playing a DVD I get sound out of the stereo speakers but not the TV. When watching the TV the sound works fine through the TV. I know I will not have TV through the stereo as there is no audio out cord from the TV. The problem I am having is listening to the DVD on the Toshiba TV. All cords are attached properly but no sound. When I remove the cords and lightly attach them I do get static noises on the tv.

I too have this same issue. I would like to be able to play a dvd in the Jensen and listen to the sound via the panasonic tv speakers and not the roof speakers the jensen usually plays too. This way when my kids are sleeping we could still watch a movie and not have to deal with the entire trailer playing the audio.( this is the opposite fromwhat most have beeen complaining about where when watching tv(not a dvd) the audio will not come over the speakers in the trailer). Why in this day and age are we using cheap audio out or red white black video cables, when HDMI would resolve all of this garbage.
Next question is has anyone ripped out the cheap Jensen and installed something better that has HDMI & has capability of playing a blue ray. The Panasonic TV is fully capable but the Jensen is lacking...

Kagex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #35
Weekend Camper

Glad to hear I am not crazy. I called crossroads and they promptly said it was a tv setup issue. They forwarded me how to select video 1 and that would fix the issue. Of course that did not as there are no audio out</span>connections on the DVD player.. Only audio in. I called Jensen and they have other models that would do this... Just not the one selected to be installed by crossroads. </span>
</span>Hello Wayne,</span></span>Thank you for contacting ASA Electronics. The AWM965 does not have an audio output connection to have the DVD audio played through the TV. The AWM965 would only play audio through its speakers. If you have audio connections between the AWM965 and TV, those connections are so you can run the TV audio through the stereo speakers.</span></span><div style="font-family: Helvetica; line-height: normal; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba26, 26, 26, 0.296875; -webkit-com-fill-color: rgba175, 192, 227, 0.230469; -webkit-com--color: rgba77, 128, 180, 0.230469; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; font-size: medium; ">Thank you,</span>Genio Pequeno</span></span>Technical Services</span>ASA Electronics</span>info@asaelectronics.com</span></span>
</span>
I then politely responded to crossroads about warranty and the issue that when you want to watch a movie in the bedroom... Which they intentionally set up the tv up to swivel to do so..you do not get sound.... Shocker... No response for a week now. So I did what we all should do... Went to the store and purchased a blu ray player with HDMI , mounted the tv up a few more inches and now the player sits below the tv and works great....with sound and in HD.. ALSO my tv does have audio outs and when I corrected the wiring error I also get sound through aux 1. I powered the player with the outlet in he ceiling and now the blu ray swivels with the tv so I can also control it from the bedroom... Also great... My kids can watch a movie inside using the tv speakers and I can also have the outside speakers on also to the radio, etc.</span>
</span>
40,000 plus MSRP and for $75 more they could have done it right. Hope to not find other cost savings examples like this on big ticket items. I would bet the person who purchased this junk stereo model for a high end trailer (which overall we absolutely love our new trailer... The 31BH is amazing) was the same person who selected the bathroom windows that you can see into at night clear as could be. As Donald Trump old say.... You're Fired! Or at the very least own up to the mistakes and make it right.</span>
Old 07-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #36
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by awresch
Hello Wayne,</span></span>Thank you for contacting ASA Electronics. The AWM965 does not have an audio output connection to have the DVD audio played through the TV. The AWM965 would only play audio through its speakers. If you have audio connections between the AWM965 and TV, those connections are so you can run the TV audio through the stereo speakers.</span></span><div style="line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba26, 26, 26, 0.296875; -webkit-com-fill-color: rgba175, 192, 227, 0.230469; -webkit-com--color: rgba77, 128, 180, 0.230469; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">Thank you,</span>Genio Pequeno</span></span>Technical Services</span>ASA Electronics</span>info@asaelectronics.com</span></span>

Funny how even the red and white wire for audio from the tv to the AWM965 are not even wired correctly from factory. On my 26BH they were wired to the audio input on the tv instead of the audio output for tv volume on the surround speakers. Brutal. I ripped the AWM965 out to confirn this email, and yup on a 2013 unit onlya videooutput and left and right audio auxinput. Pathetic!!!! I too was told otherwise by my dealer it would work either way.

awresch what did you do with the jensen then? Other than playing radio it is basically a storage waster with the new blue ray player you installed? Also did you re enforce the 4 small screws used to hold the 32" tv on the swivel mount when you raised it up higher? I will be very suprised if those tiny screws hold up for any lenght of time! I too am going to write crossroads a email on this. Who did you send yours too?

Old 07-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #37
Family Vacation Member

Looks like the AMW 975 covers all these problems except blue ray AMW975, could not even find the AMW 965 on ASA's website. I have a couple letters in to see if I can get a deal on a swap out.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:34 AM   #38
Full Time Camper

Did you note the Video out was 720P or 1080I. They're about 4-5 years behind the curve.. And for $375
Old 09-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #39
New Camper

We just purchased a 2013 Crossroads Hill Country with the same Toshiba TV and Jensen head unit. Our issue is that the DVD player on the Jensen only plays movies in black and white. Even the splash screen is in black and white.

The TV is fine on antenna, but when we change the source to Colorstream HD, everything goes colorless. I have tried every menu setting I can find with no luck. Any suggestions for us?

I'm planning on calling my dealer on Monday, but it would be nice to watch some DVDs in color this rainy weekend.
Carpedebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #40
New Camper

We are having the same issue. HAve been trying to view a movie for the last hour. Now trying to get behind TV and Jensen to look at the wires. Any suggestions?
hscoolfun is offline   Reply With Quote