Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

This isnt really an upgrade, but my toshiba 32" audio out would not play thru the jensen amp, when hooked up it would just crackle, Kept calling CR about it and today when I called again, Tom said he would look into it and call me back. about 45 min he called me back with the solution. A Toshiba Rep happen to be in the plant. Need a Ground Loop Isolator. Radio Shack carries them P/N 270-054, just a small little device with the RCA jacks on it. Went to the local Radio Shack and picked one up and it worked as advertised, now have TV audio out. Cost was $18.00.

shoe2728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Crossroads should send info to everyone with the Toshiba tv's so they can get theirs working.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Thanks for the update and information. I asked the dealer and he had no idea. Will go to Radio Shack tomorrow and get an isolator and see how it works.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:04 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

<div ="msg">

"Crossroads should send info to everyone with the Toshiba tv's so they can get theirs working."

I agree. I had the same problem. Spoke with the factory and they didn't have a clue as to the cause. Luckily, I found this thread and the ground loop isolator solved the problem. It saved me from having to go through the warranty claim process and all that involves! You would think their (Crossroads) electrical engineers would know this kind of problem can occur and would have corrected it by now. Maybe they'll reimburse me the $20. ...maybe I'll hit the lottery.

joemusic321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Glad you got your TV working, Now Iam faced with this Jensen Antenna, its very limited on picking up channels. Went camping this weekend and people around me had the crank up antenna and were receiving all the local stations around 12 total, I was getting 4. Got home and checked all the connections on the tv and amplifier. Still major stations would not come in. Hooked up a set of rabbit ears I use for a TV on the back porch and in come all the stations and the Ant. was sitting inside the FW on the floor. Called Crossroads and they had me call Jensen. Tech at Jensen answered right away and I explained everything to him. He wanted me to take some voltage and current measurements. Said I would and called him back with the results, all measurements checked within specs. I did tell him that the Jensen Ant. was mounted 2 feet behind the A/C unit and the nose of the FW was pointed toward the stations, putting the A/C in between the stations and ANT. He said that shouldn't be a problem. So now they are going to send me a new amplifier and antenna to try. Let him know before I tear the old one off I will sit the other one up there and try it. I really dont have much faith in it working. Really would just like to have the crank up type. But I will give it a try.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

May not be your problem but you may want to make sure you have the setting in your TV set to either cable or antenna (whichever you are using). I had a similar problem with picking up stations that I knew were there. Turns out I had the TV setting on cable instead of antenna.

joemusic321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Wish it was that easy, measured voltage to antenna and it had the 12 volts required and that comes from the amplifier. Also the current draw was 130ma and tech said that was within standard. So just have to wait on the new ant and amp and see what happens.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

I was just fixing to upgrade my TV also to a toshiba 32in so will I need to also buy that part from radio shack?? I have a 2012 ST30RK. The tv in it now is a Dynex which I have never heard of but it does have the Jensen DVD player.

2007 F250 super duty
Big smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemusic321

&lt;div ="msg"&gt;

"Crossroads should send info to everyone with the Toshiba tv's so they can get theirs working."I agree. I had the same problem.Â* Spoke with the factory and they didn't have a clue as to the cause.Â* Luckily, I found this thread and the ground loop isolator solved the problem.Â* It saved me from having to go through the warranty claim process and all that involves!Â* You would think their (Crossroads) electrical engineers would know this kind of problem can occur and would have corrected it by now.Â* Maybe they'll reimburse me the $20. ...maybe I'll hit the lottery.

Bought and added the isolator to mine and now have TV sound thru the Jensen.

Problem with the TV is the audio jacks were added as an afterthought. The stock Toshiba doesn't have audio out.

If you buy a TV for your trailer and want to use it thru the built-in stereo make sure the TV has Audio Out jacks. I was surprised to find none of mine did and a look at the store showed very few that did????
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

I have a Westinghouse LCD that had audio out jacks, and when I plugged that into the Jensen it worked great. Thats how I figured out that the Toshiba Tv was the problem and not the Amp. You can get a TV with audio just have to look for it. Most are coming with the optical out now. If you buy one at a local store and it doesnt work with the Jensen then you can take it back. It is weird that my Westinghouse worked fine. Most likely it is ever who added the audio jacks wired the ground wrong. CR most likely got a deal on these tv's.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirsea
Thanks for the update and information. I asked the dealer and he had no idea. Will go to Radio Shack tomorrow and get an isolator and see how it works.

Did your isolator solve the issue?

Kagex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Yes, fixed mine and then I posted the fix. Seems like it is fixing everyone else's also. You can ask Radio shack if it doesnt fix the problem can you return it. Just to backtrack the problem was when audio out from TV was plugged into the Jensen audio in, there was cracking and popping and some humming. Just make sure you use the correct inputs on the Jensen, mine were marked as audio in. Good Luck

Old 04-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #13
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

Thanks for getting an answer to this problem, I see a trip to radio shack in my future.

Paul
Pnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:17 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

I sent CR an e-mail asking if they were going to refund my money to correct their error.

We'll see.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:50 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

I received a reply at 11:59 asking if it fixed the problem (yes), a copy of the receipt, and the VIN #. I just e-mailed it in and am waiting to see what happens.

Get your receipts out folks, looks like they may pay off. Edited by: avvidclif
Old 04-16-2012, 06:46 AM   #16
Family Vacation Member

Hope they do follow through on that. Guess I should have kept my receipt. Oh well Iam sure you all will get together and make up my $19.00. Now I dont want anything more than that. Or at least some homemade chocolate chip cookies.
Good luck and let us know what becomes of it.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #17
Full Time Camper

I got an e-mail this morning asking for an address to send the check to.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:42 AM   #18
Family Vacation Member

Hey that's great, I started looking all over my FW for my receipt and I found it. Cant believe I kept it. Looks like I will have to email Crossroads also. Did you just use the email off their website?

Old 04-17-2012, 12:47 AM   #19
Full Time Camper

It bounced around for a bit but here is where it wound up lsbontrager@crossroadsrv.com

Name is Lisa. She's the one I've been e-mailing with.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #20
Seasonal Camper

The isolator didn't help any, so I returned it to Radio Shack. I found that when the component cables (red, white, yellow) from the Jensen DVD were connected to the Toshiba TVat the same time as the audio out cables (red, white) were connected to the Aux In of the Jensen I got the snapping/popping noise and the audio out cable became very hot; disconnect the component cables and get great sound from the overhead speakers...go figure!! Guess the Jensen is sending power to the TV which is sending power to the Jensen in an endless loop.....creating heat and noise on the cables. Any ideas?
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote