Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2015, 02:43 PM   #1
New Camper

toy hauler glass door modification

Hey, I've looked and didn't see this so sorry if I missed it. We just picked up a 2013 Elevation 3410 and love it so far but would love it even more if we could access the kitchen when the main slide is in. It looks like we could reverse the glass doors so that the sliding door part was on the side opposite the slide allowing us to get to the fridge when the slide was in. Has anyone tried this? It looks like it shouldn't be too hard to do?
Thanks,
Brian
blackgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 03:27 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Glad to hear you bought the Elevation unit you posted about previously. The ability to open the fridge without opening slides is a great thing when traveling and stopped at rest stops, etc. and we have found very few in any brand that allows this access. My 3612 has a kitchen island and the refrigerator is against the slide when closed, but I looked at the sliding door and it appears to be able to be reversed. The door latch locks on the outer lip of the frame, and the lip is present on both sides. Not sure about the door tracks tho. What was the inner door may become the outer door when reversed, and I do not see a problem. Let us know how you make out, and take some pics!
Good luck!
Denny
President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC).
denviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:12 PM   #3
New Camper

Thanks for the reply. Yes we picked up the elevators on from my other post. This past weekend was the first time out with it and love bed it. The main issue is no access to kitchen with the slide in. It seemed like it could be reversed but was hoping someone had already done it and could point me in the right direction.
Thanks again,
Brian
blackgold is offline   Reply With Quote