Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2016, 05:40 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

TV mount

On Sunset ST250RB Entertainment center is at foot of bed facing living area. It has a swivel TV mount (can turn to watch in bedroom. When watching from sofa (on slideout) and you turn TV to watch, part of screen is blocked by cabinet it sits in. Also, no speakers in bedroom! Was told couldn't replace mount with swing arm type. Any suggestions.
blingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:01 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingo View Post
On Sunset ST250RB Entertainment center is at foot of bed facing living area. It has a swivel TV mount (can turn to watch in bedroom. When watching from sofa (on slideout) and you turn TV to watch, part of screen is blocked by cabinet it sits in. Also, no speakers in bedroom! Was told couldn't replace mount with swing arm type. Any suggestions.

Same as on my 300BH. and a no sound from TV speaker when watching in the bed room.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:37 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I posted a similar thread on this a couple of weeks ago. We have the same swivel mount issue -- part of the screen is blocked when sitting in the love seat of the RV.

There are mounts you can install that will permit you to extend the television and turn it so it can be seen without impacting the ability of the swivel from the living room to the bedroom. I haven't purchased one yet because it just hasn't hit the top of my "to do" list yet.

As for the loss of audio Chiveon mentioned -- a loose coax cable connection on the rear of the television? If you were connected (somehow) to the stereo system, that might indicate a loose audio connection. But since the television speakers are built-in to the television, I can't think of anything else other than a loose or bad coax connection which doesn't really make sense if you still have a good television picture.

Our home base -- 2018 Grand Design Solitude 375RES -- The "Uno Mas!"
The mobile office -- 2016 Crossroads Hill Country HCT26RB -- The "Poquito Mas!"
Gone but not forgotten: 2015 Heartland Landmark 365 Key West (lost to Hurricane Harvey)
TxCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:22 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

How about a sound bar? Of course it would need electricity. Cant see where tv is plugged. What were they thinking on this problem????
Old 04-01-2016, 08:36 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Also, any other info on 250RB? We love layout. Is outside kitchen worth it?
Old 04-02-2016, 06:29 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Also, any other info on 250RB? We love layout.

Is outside kitchen worth it?
Only if they start plumbing the drain for it to a grey tank instead of on the ground.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:27 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Blingo, the outside kitchen for us has been wonderful. I don't have to fight with DW on finding a place for the adult beverages. It is also handy for making coffee in the morning without waking up DW. i agree with TxCowboy about being in the stereo. You would probably have RCA jacks hooked to the tv which would give you sound in the living area. Could your tv be on mute? If the coax was loose, you wouldn't have any picture. I am having a topper put on my slide next week and a new tv mount with an arm. I will let you know how it works out.
2013 Toyota Tundra Double Cab V8 5.7 Ltr Limited
cubfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 10:26 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Cubfan, jot down the make and model number for that mount. If it works for you, that will be good information for all of us, in this same situation, to have.

Our home base -- 2018 Grand Design Solitude 375RES -- The "Uno Mas!"
The mobile office -- 2016 Crossroads Hill Country HCT26RB -- The "Poquito Mas!"
Gone but not forgotten: 2015 Heartland Landmark 365 Key West (lost to Hurricane Harvey)
TxCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:11 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

Having arm mount and soundbar added. will let all know how it works out.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:24 AM   #10
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiveon View Post
Same as on my 300BH. and a no sound from TV speaker when watching in the bed room.
Speaker should work both thru the TV and from/ to the Jensen DVD unit if its hooked up right. Coax goes to TV from Sat box and use the red,white,yellow cord to connect to the DVD player. I can run the TV thru the RV speakers this way and thru the TV speakers at the same time. It also works in reverse for DVDs, the sound comes thru the TV and the RV speakers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
aerojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:17 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Something I found out in our 2016 240BH is that whoever wired in the speakers didn't know what they were doing as rewiring them was one of the first things I had to do. The outside speakers never worked and only one of the inside speakers did (all working as intended now after some TLC) That being said something that I did find out with our TV speakers is that if the receiver volume is turned all the way to zero the speakers on the TV do not work. However if you just turn the knob to a volume of 1 you can then turn the TV speakers up or down as loud as you like.
Poppabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 04:13 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

I just wanted to get back to Jeff and everyone else concerning the articulated tv arm my dealer was going to install. As it turns out, he couldn't do it. The mechanic spent about an hour trying to remount the tv with no success. After taking off the back panel, he couldn't figure out how to mount the arm. When I made the appointment, I asked for the Morryde arm, like they show in their catalog, but they don't stock it. Puzzling. What frustrates me is that when I first saw the 25rb, it came with an articulating arm that the salesperson showed me how to unlatch it. After reading the CW horror stories and visiting the store near us for a quote on a slide topper, I am not too anxious to give them a shot. Jeff suggested MorRyde, I visited the website, but I am not too handy. I have a tough time visualizing how things should go. I will keep on looking to see if any one has ideas. Maybe the factory can help. It seems pretty senseless to sit on the love seat, next to the window and be able to watch 2/3's of the picture. There has to be a petter solution. Sorry for being so wordy.
Eric Malm
2013 Toyota Tundra Double Cab V8 5.7 Ltr Limited
cubfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:31 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

Just wondering if anyone has come up with a make and part number and a way to install a tv swing arm for the center entertainment center in SST's? I am trying to solve the "blocked view" problem.
2021 Ford F-250 XLT Premium
6.2L, 6 3/4 ft bed, FX4. Tow pkg.
sjk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:42 PM   #14
Site Team

I have a mount laying around here some place that came with our rig. I don't use it, but if I can find it, you can have it. Sounds like what you are in need of.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:42 PM   #15
Site Team

sjk1998
This is what it looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1568.jpg (186.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 04-28-2016, 02:32 PM   #16
Full Time Camper

Thank you Lloyd, Next week I will remove the tv and take a closer look at the mounting area and see if it will be possible to mount a bracket like that? The picture helps.I will PM you if I think it will work so we can set something up. Thank's again.
2021 Ford F-250 XLT Premium
6.2L, 6 3/4 ft bed, FX4. Tow pkg.
sjk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:31 AM   #17
New Camper

I have 2016 250 RB, I have some issue, would like to be able to swivel tv when sitting on couch ... other than that, love our unit !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
davel3083 is offline   Reply With Quote