Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2010, 06:50 AM   #1
New Camper

I was wondering if anybody has installed a coffee maker that mounts under the kitchen cabinet. I was trying to find a way to make more counter space in my Zinger and thought this would be a good way to free up some space. My only concern was there appears to be two pieces of wood with a space between them as the cabinet bottom so I wasnt sure if it would support the weight of the coffee maker hanging from it. Any input would be welcome.
RetiredAFinND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:36 AM   #2
Site Team

You are correct on the double bottom in your cabinet. I don't think it would support a coffee maker. If you really wanted to hang it there, you could possibly span the bottom with a more substantial piece of material and then mount off of that. (hooking on to the edges) there should be some frame work there. Myself, I don't like a coffee maker mounted under the cabinets because of moisture.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I agree, moisture eliminated that option for me.

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:01 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to KHUNLINDA2003
I agree that moisture could be a problem with an undermount coffee maker. I solved the problem by buying a large french press at Starbucks. We liked the flavor so well I chucked my coffee maker. I just microwave a large pyrex 4 cup measuring cup full of water and pour it in the french press. I also bought one for my boat.

2003 Beaver Marquis

formerly 2004 Silverado

two ragdolls, Flash and Bandit
KHUNLINDA2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHUNLINDA2003
I solved the problem by buying a large french press at Starbucks. We liked the flavor so well I chucked my coffee maker.

John & Linda,

My wife and I often kid with friends and family that we've become "coffe snobs"; coffee-holics would be more like it.

Coffee is one of the few areas we splurge without a second thought.We only drink Starbucks or it's equivelant, and it has to be Xtra Bold beans, (grindfor 12 seconds just before brewing), and we use 3 1/2 scoops per 16 oz. cup. We get a LOT of house/yard work done sometimes, and we get it done fast!

We've looked atStarbucks' coffee presses a dozen times, always considering one, but never buying. So, how big is your press, how many oz's? How long does it take to press? Do you grind your own, and if so, how long do you grind it for?Any other info will be appreciated.

Thanks!
lynlou14760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:37 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

We carry the good old indestructible 12 cup stainless steel percolator. Store it under the sink when we're done. It's nearly as fast as the drip and I prefer the taste of perked coffee.I'm not a connoisseur so I wouldn't know how real coffee is supposed to be brewed.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ckcropped2.jpg
BDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to KHUNLINDA2003
I have the largest totally stainless Barista press that Starbucks sells. I too grind my beans right before I put them in the press. I like Caribou coffee, but it is difficult to get, but Peets is also good. My favorite is Trader Joes French Roast and I really like Harry & Davids, Vanilla Cheery and Chocolate Cheery.

2003 Beaver Marquis

formerly 2004 Silverado

two ragdolls, Flash and Bandit
KHUNLINDA2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #8
New Camper

Thanks for all the input. I had never even thought about the moisture issue. My wife and I are also what you would consider coffee snobs. We not only grind our own coffee, we purchase the green unroasted beans and roast them ourselves. It was a lot of fun and trial and error figuring out just the right roast for our tastes. Nothing better than being out in our Zinger and sitting around the campfire at night with a great fresh roasted cup of coffee and a good cigar!
Old 04-10-2010, 04:37 AM   #9
Site Team

Brian:
I believe you are the first one I've run across on the forum that is a coffee roaster. I have been roasting my own for about 3 years now. You sure do get "GOOD" coffee that way.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #10
New Camper

What do you use to roast your coffee? And where do you get you beans. Up here in North Dakota I don't have any source of beans so I order mine online from Sweet Maria's or my father in law sends them to be from California. I never met anyone except him that roasts there own but there is no flavor like the fresh roasted, fresh ground coffee.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:34 AM   #11
Site Team

Brian:
I sent you a PM