Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2018, 05:24 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

Update on Progressive Industries surge protector!

Under my previous post: Two problems on our first trip out this year. I posted when I returned home from my camping trip on May 30th I plugged in my EMS-PT50C Progressive surge protector in my RV box and it was showing E3- High Voltage and reading 255. Tried several times and same thing so I tried it in my Honda generator and same code and reading. Contacted Progressive Tech support and explained codes and readings and tech guy said it sound like an internal problem with the surge protector. So filled a warranty clam with Progressive. (UPDATE) Today I received by UPS a replacement, which was the newer version surge protector; EMS-PT50X. Which has a better digital Display and still great protection from-
*Reverse Polarity Protection
*Open Ground Protection
*Open Neutral Protection
*High Voltage Protection
*Low Voltage Protection
*High Frequency Protection
*Low Frequency Protection
*Provides Amperage Usage Reading
But has the new All Weather Shield to keep rain out. So this got me thinking; so since they didn’t want me to return the old one; I decided to take the back off (held on with four screws). Sure enough, there was water inside to surge protector. So I’m pleased that they stood behind their warranty and replaced with the newer version without any charge. I am pleased and will put the word out through this post and by mouth to all my fellow campers now and the ones I meet in the future. The picture shows my old surge protector on the left and the new one on the right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10244D77-1FEB-4DBF-97FD-DBD6114BC7C6.jpg (194.2 KB, 24 views)

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:22 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Thanks for the report !
Best thing about them is their lifetime warranty ! Always have believed that it's not if a product goes bad, it's what does the company do about it WHEN it goes bad, THAT'S the sign of a good company !

And the old one is exactly like mine - I do try to leave the pedestal cover a little open so it shields it from rain, but so far we've been lucky and the EMS has saved us more than a few times from bad pedestal power
Old 06-08-2018, 08:02 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

We have the old version. I had ordered a cast net, and the top of the plastic box it came in made a perfect cover. Well, it the UV got it. I plan to build one from plexiglass. I sure don’t like it not being protected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:20 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Yea and mine was two years old.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote