Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2009, 05:53 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

This was our first week end with any thing sat> Stan I promised a report on our findings. I purchased this from King Dome direct, it is a refurbished one, that was on sale for 399.00 plus shipping. This was $60.00. Got to the Camp grounds, got set up, and was time to get the Vue Cube going after all DW first game of the day was in two hours. I Placed the unit on the ground out back. Ran the cable to the sat terminal in the storage area. Put the home receiver in place (Model D11 of D 12 will work not HD TV, can not tell the difference any way). It took a while for me to get into the receivers program mode. after getting int to that mode it was real simple. If I had known what to do it would have taken about 10 minutes to do the whole thing. They make two other Vue Cubes both are a little more costly but will do HD TV. Momma is happy so it was not a bad deal for us...
Edited by: fhenn
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Thanks Frank. I am still looking into the Vue Qube as a way to get more channels/local channelswhile camping. I noticed they have a ladder mount as well. That seems like a good idea if the rig is parked/oriented correctly. When the unit is on the ground, I would think it would be easy to blow around in the wind or easy to steal. Any comments on that issue??
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I have not made up my mind about the ladder mount, We do a lot of State Park camping, so there are a lot of tress around, (That is a good thing down south in the summer). In order to clear the trees the unit may have to be run a distance. The remote control will raise the inside unit to the correct elevation, and also will move the inside unit side to to side for the signal strength. As far as theft goes I suppose some one could steal it but I have never had any come up stolen at a campground yet. I think being low to the ground the wind may not be a problem, however if it is I will stake it down using a net.As far as local channels go, if you subscribe to them and are still in your local area you will still get them. We were in Louisiana and out of our area, so no local channels, unless we hooked up the antenna.
Edited by: fhenn
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote