Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Noticed the caulk at the front bottom corners had small cracks again.The side panel could be pushed back abt 1/16th of a inch so i tightened it up with a couple screws and recaulked we will see if this will keep it sealed without the play between the panel and the molding

You can see the 2 screws I added on the bottom of each side.have to clean up the caulk a little the pro-flex films faster than I am accustomed to.
Also had water in the lower part of right front storage last trip.I think it came through the propane compartment nothing sealing the bottom.There is even a little overlap of carpet sticking out to act as a wick.stuck a screw driver right through the gap.

We trimmed the carpet back and caulked the heck out of it then added some aluminum duct tape over the top for added measure.

Also replaced all the screws in the lower molding around the front.I know this was talked about previously on the old forum there were about 8 of the screws broken.We used stainless steel sheet metal screws as they were going up into a metal angle instead of wood.We found some places where the insulation was not filling the all space while we were under there.so we added a little extra insulation then sheeted the the whole underside of the front bedroom with Styrofoam cut in between the crossmembers as well. There is no insulation between the front storage and the side sheeting so we added 1/2"styrofoam there.This started out as a simple project to replace screws and turned into quite an affair I'm sorry I did'nt take pictures but I wanted to get it all back together before the weather changed.Also on the molding we added butyl tape to seal it up around the screws.There is putty tape in there but it was a little light and there was a small amount of moisture in there.I will get my camera out as the first tool before I start any other work so that we can document what we are up to.Anyway still have to do something about the tires then we have taken care of everything we noted on our shakedown cruise and will be ready for memorial day

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Thanks for the pictures. I have our CF30SK sitting in the driveway for the spring cleanup and maintenance. I'll have a look at the Gas Bottle compartment to see if I have a similar situation.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote