Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

I know several people on here have done this upgrade so I did a search on this topic but couldn't find an answer so here goes..... I got the "wet bolt" kit for my equa-flex.What is the best way togo about installing these? I guess my questionisreally about taking the weight off the suspension. Can I do one side at a time or do I need to have both sides of the trailer off the ground?Is there any "load" transfered from one side of the trailer to the other once the suspension on 1 side is disconnected? Should I have the 5er hooked up to my truck when I do this? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I knew I was forgetting to ask something in my OP! The kit comes with 8 brass bushings and 14 bolts. The bushings are for the where the springs attach to the spring hangars but what about the 3 bolts that go into the equa-flex itself? Does the equa-flexalready have the brass bushings installed? If so, should I look at replacing those since they have not previously been lubed?

Thanks,

Lonnie

Old 11-08-2009, 11:34 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Here is a good link I saw on the other board where a good did the wet bolt install and put in pics as well .You may want to check it out.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/21609645/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1

2005 KZ Outdoorsmen 2605PF

Champion 4000W Generator

16 Foot Renken Fishing Boat

2 Dogs/Cat

Future Owner Crossroads Cruiser CF31REP
calgarygringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:24 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck N. Wined

I knew I was forgetting to ask something in my OP! The kit comes with 8 brass bushings and 14 bolts. The bushings are for the where the springs attach to the spring hangars but what about the 3 bolts that go into the equa-flex itself? Does the equa-flexalready have the brass bushings installed? If so, should I look at replacing those since they have not previously been lubed?

Thanks,

Lonnie

The equa-flex does have a metal bushing. Not sure if it is brass or steel. But you are correct the bolts should be replaced with the wet bolts. Be sure to check the wet bolts. When I got my kit I found one bolt had not been completely drilled. Thus that bolt would not take grease.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:14 AM   #5
Site Team

I did mine one side up in the air at a time. I was not hooked up to the tv. I placed blocking under the 5er behind the axles so I could get the weight off the axles. Then support them as needed with a bottle jack.
Here is a link that will give you some pics. Hope this helps.
http://crossroadsrv.com/forum/forum_...;PID=8077#8077

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:02 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Thanks to everyone for the input! I will check each bolt to make sure it will take grease before I install them. That would be my kind of luck that I would install them and then find 1 or more won't take grease.

Thanks again!

Lonnie

Old 11-10-2009, 02:36 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Chuck when you get done, come on down and do mine,,Please
Thank You Frank

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote