Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2009, 06:44 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I got my camper winterized for free the first season, just went out to it last weekend, charged the battery, ran the slide in & out, checked for leaks, checked for vermin, ran a/c & heat all good. Now 1st year with full camper not hybrid what to do to remove winterization chemicals. I opened my waterheater vent from outside & I saw the plug for waterheater & a cap for some water line. Confused what to do next, hooking up to water this weekend & washing so just want to be sure. I have a 30BH Zinger Crossroads

any help appreciated
11 Ram 2500 - Green Machine - retired
16 Chevy 2500 - Bone Crusher - the dark side
08 CR Zinger 30BH - Zing 1
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:31 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Greetings, first find your lowpoint drains and open them up to drain off the winter stuff, but keep you water heater bypass closed. After all the winter stuff has drained from the lowpoint drains, close them back up and either fill your water tank about 1/3 full with water or use the water hose inlet. Start at the furthest point from the water hook-up and start running the faucets. I usually run the cold first, then the hot. Run the faucet until the water is clear and not bubbly or pink. Work your way back to either the water pump or hook-up. After that is done, you should sanitize. There are a few different ways to do this, but I use good ole clorox bleach. I don't remember the exact ratio, but I fill the water tank about 1/2 way up and dump about a cup in. I go back and repeat the same process as getting rid of the winter stuff, only this time I am waiting until I get a wiff of bleach. Once I have bleach in every faucet, I let it sit for about 1/2 hour. Drain water tank, refill and flush out the lines. One other note, when I am filling the water tank from the hose, I do have an external water filter hooked up. That should just about take care of it..... I am sure some others will share some tricks they have learned along the way as well....

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:32 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeG
When I de-winterized, I got an empty gallon jug and then opened all of the faucets, went to the low point drains and opened one at a time, draining into the gallon jug. Once the pink stuff quit coming out, I closed all the faucets and connected a hose. I let the water run through all of the sinks and the shower for about2-3 minutes each. I had the grey tank drains open and let the water run into my yard. Disconnect hose from city inlet. Then added water and bleach to the fresh water tank (1/4 cup bleach per 15 gallons water). Turn water heater by-pass.Turn pump on and run water through each faucet for 2-3 minutes. After all faucets are done drainfresh water tank and hot water tank, thenhook hose back up and run water through each faucet for 2-3 minutes again to rinse out bleach water. Fill fresh water tank and drain to rinse out bleach water. De-winterized and sanitized, ready to go.

Nights camped in 2010 = 009
GeorgeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:35 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

make sure to cap your fresh water tank, it's located under the trailer near the fresh water fill. fill tank two thirds full. turn on pump. once boiler is pressureized and the pump stops, just open the facuts in the kitchen, bathroom, shower and outside shower. flush the toilet. once all the waqter in each facut runs clear shut them of. only do one facut at a time. turn pump of open a facut to relieve pressure in the boiler. go outside and take out the plastic plug on the bottom left of the boiler. let all the water drain out. put plug back in and refill the boiler and repeat all the steps above and you should be ready to go.

wattashine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:30 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

thanks for the info guys - greatly appreciated. hopefully this weekend, rain has been killing it for me.

happy camping
Old 06-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

ok, had no time, then between jobs, this is my first weekend, just found 2 valves on my hot water tank, to I switch both of them to horizontal ??? I can't seem to see behind the water tank, can only feel, it's boxed in, in my rear cargo compartment, the valves are one above the other, the bottom one seems to fill the water heater but not sure what the top one does, They were both in the vertical position after C-Inn winterized it last year, sorry for the stupid questions, this is not like my last one.

thanks, hoping for sun & some answers soon

Old 06-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Click on this link to another thread and scroll down the page to see thepictures of the valve positions on the hot water tank.

http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum/fo...ts.asp?TID=530

I'm a little surprised that you don't have an access panel inside your trailer to get at the valves easily.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:12 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamops

Click on this link to another thread and scroll down the page to see thepictures of the valve positions on the hot water tank.

http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum/fo...ts.asp?TID=530

I'm a little surprised that you don't have an access panel inside your trailer to get at the valves easily.

me too, but like I said, I can see the top of it in my rear cargo area but I think they boxed the sides in to protect it from storage items damaging the lines

« - | winterizing »