Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2015, 12:36 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

No antifreeze is not enough and there is not such thing as too much. That's my rule.
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Maximum Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:24 PM   #22
Full Time Camper

It doesen't matter if you use alot of antifreeze. cause you will open the low point drains with a pail under them and open all taps to collect most of it anyways....and use that to put in gray and black tanks.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:18 PM   #23
Family Vacation Member

I don't open the low point drains to drain the pink stuff until spring.

I am wondering if I have to much water in the Grey and black tanks though.
2006 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L ext. Cab 8' bed.
jakesz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:36 PM   #24
Full Time Camper

That is why some blow out the water first. or if you don't blow lines , catch the water in a pail before it goes down the drain and take pail away when pink comes out of tap . that way the water wont go into grey tank . If you are worried about to much water in tanks , just drain them into a 5 gal pail and dump in toilet at home. . then open low points and re-coup into a pail and dump that down traps,thus only putting pink into tanks. Free antifreeze. might as well use it.

Old 10-26-2015, 05:50 PM   #25
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMark View Post
I usually blow it out, but not this year, was too lazy to go find the fitting and I do antifreeze also.

When I bought the trailer in 2013, the dealer told me Crossroads will void warranty repairs if you use compressed air on the plumbing, said they had too many customers coming back after over-pressurizing the lines.

I "blew off" the warning and just set my regulator for around 8-10 PSI and it works great.
No reason not to crank your air pressure to between 30 and 40. Your water pressure is that high. Set the pressure on your compressor before you get started and don't worry about it.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:23 PM   #26
New Camper

Have a question. Do you leave on the low point drain caps while pulling the antifreeze through the system then remove them until you un-winterize the unit.
sammo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:30 PM   #27
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammo42 View Post
Have a question. Do you leave on the low point drain caps while pulling the antifreeze through the system then remove them until you un-winterize the unit.
You have to leave them on. They are low point drains. Your antifreeze will pour right out. I think this is what you are asking?

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:58 PM   #28
Weekend Camper

I blew mine out, then sucked in the pink anti-freeze thru the hose bypass by the waterpump.... only took a half gallon to fill all the pies, until pink can out of each faucet and toilet.
Then poured the rest down the traps.
swimimg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:56 PM   #29
Family Vacation Member

It took 3.5 gal for mine and I run it a bit longer to make sure. Last year I did the air in the lines seemed like a pain. Just empty the Hot water heater and and the low point then by pass hot water tank and works great. Done in a few minutes. I just have the wife hold and make sure the bottles don't run empty. Last year did it myself and come in to find the jug fell over and was running the pump with no liquid. Not good. Ready for Old Man Winter. YUK.

John and Julie
Dubois, PA
2015 Zinger ZT31SB- 2008 Toyota Tundra
johnwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:48 AM   #30
Family Vacation Member

Don't have to worry about a little water in the gray/black or fresh water tank, if they have been drained. What little water remains may freeze but the tank has so much volume the ice will expand a little but never enough to bust open the tank.

Flyone
Old 11-05-2015, 08:14 PM   #31
Seasonal Camper

i winterized our Seville today. I drained all lines using the low point drains, drained the water heater earlier this year after our last trip, pulled the water filter and set the bypass, bypassed the water heater.

It took 4 gal as I wasted a bit clearing out some residual water that wouldn't drain. I did take the time before I pumped the system to pull and seal off the washer lines to the front closet since those will never be used.

Pumped until all lines showed pink & pink came out the faucets, etc. Took what was left and put down all drains.

I'll flush the lines when we get parked in January somewhere warm. Then probably drain and may refill when we pull back north the end of February, depending on how the weather looks. If it's really bad, we'll probably find somewhere else to land for a couple of weeks.
2021 Alliance Paradigm 365RD
WoodcarvingGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:19 PM   #32
Seasonal Camper

Don't forget to put antifreeze in each P trap!

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:50 AM   #33
Weekend Camper

Almost forgot to blow air through black water wash out.
joep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:04 AM   #34
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMark View Post
Well, you get just as much cold up there as we get here, if not more..so not going to worry. Just didnt seem to make sense to buy another whole gallon if it was close to being fully pressurized....1.5 gallons is alot.

Also, I usually forget the outside shower..but not this year.
Yea I guess my po forgot to do that to, when I first hooked mine up and used the outside shower water went everywhere, guess the place I bought it from didn't check that.
Southaven Ms.
gsbuick65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:39 PM   #35
Weekend Camper

damn, damn, damn, damn, damn...

Winterized our new rig last weekend after our final trip before the cold weather hits - first time RVer, first winter, and first winterization - and I was so happy with my results and how easy it was!

The 250RB makes the whole bypass thing a breeze! Drained the water heater, made sure I ran all the faucets until they were pink including the outside shower and sink, took care of the P-Traps, poured some extra into the gray and black tanks, left some in the toilet, put a few fresh cabs inside for the mice, popped in a DampRid for the moisture, and brought the battery home.

Then I read through this section and realized it never occurred to me to flush the toilet when I was winterizing the plumbing!

Is this a critical part of the process? I am guessing that it is. We are heading to FL over the Christmas holidays, but I am pretty sure we'll get some pretty cold weather here before we head south.

So, I guess it's time to collect the battery, antifreeze, and cordless screwdriver and head back to the storage facility...
blkdth1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:06 PM   #36
Site Team

Yes, it's important. Just connect up the battery and suck some pink through the toilet supply line. Pour some on top of the seal and your good to go.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:24 PM   #37
Full Time Camper

x2 , turn on pump,after shutting all taps, and flush toilet. Also ,go outside and with pump pressure off,take screen out of city water inlet and push little white button inside. have someone turn on pump for a coulpe seconds till pink comes out of there. Oh,and stand to the side as you may get wet.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:12 AM   #38
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the confirmation and yep, I even did the city water connection thingy the first go round. Hope I can get the slide out far enough in my parking space to get access to the toilet and water pump.

One thing we have learned very quickly is that not only is there so much to learn, but also so much that is easy to forget!
blkdth1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 11:36 AM   #39
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdth1313 View Post
Hope I can get the slide out far enough in my parking space to get access to the toilet and water pump.!
If your bath door open 'out' and hits the slide before it is open enough for you to get into the bathroom , do what I did and reverse the door so it opens 'in'. Just switch left and right frame and re attach. and reverse knob.