Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2010, 01:24 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I am the new owner of a 31' sunsetter w/ a 4 gal HW tank. I had no problem getting the antifreeze out of the lines. But, when I put water from the main tank into the HW tank the the HW lines come out pink. I have run a whole tank of clean cold water through the HW lines via the HW tank. But, it STILL has some pink. I tried draining the main lines underneath with and w/o the faucet open and still dont get all the punk stuff out. I even let the ump run w/ the caps off the main drains and just ran water through it that way and still have water mcoming out pink!

Should I open all hw lines at once and let another whole tank run through it? I don't want to burn out the pump or something.
PLEASE HELP

2 Boys/2 Girls

Galesburg, MI
CampDad10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:31 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

There should be a drain plug in the bottom of the tank. I would fill the tank and then remove the plug while the pump is on and that should flush it out.

You should not have to worry about burning the pump up as long as it is still pumping water. Then you could run all the hot water outletts and should be good to go. Don't forget about the outside shower.
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks! I ran the pump with the drain going open and the HW tnk is now clean! Just in time for a great Memorial wkend!

2 Boys/2 Girls

Galesburg, MI
CampDad10 is offline   Reply With Quote