Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2011, 01:57 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

So, I winterized our Sunset Trail 26BH this weekend following our last trip of the season. Yes, it's early, but with other committments, we won't be getting out any more this season.

I winterized everything by running pink stuff through all the lines. I drained my HW tank, and pumped a bit of pink stuf through as well until I had pink stuff coming out the tank drain, then isolated it. To pump the pink stuff through, I used the factory siphon line just before the pump. It worked great.

The only question I have is how to winterize the line between the freshwater tank and the water pump. I drained the freshwater tank, but I'm concerned about the suction line to the pump. Will that line drain back to the tank automatically, or do I need to put pink stuff in the fresh tank and suck that through the system too? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:27 AM   #2
Site Team

I "never" run any antifreeze into the fresh water tank, and I would highly recommend that you don't either. It would be almost impossible to get it all out in the spring. Also, I have never had a problem with the pickup line from tank to pump. Did you open all your low point drains and let them empty out?

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:43 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Yes, and I had pink stuff coming out the water system low points. I closed them back up again too. Should i leave the low points open?

I'm assuming that when I divert to the syphon line to intake the antifreeze that it should release any vacuum in the freshwater pickup line, and then that line would drain back to the tank. If that's the case, i should be ok.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:48 AM   #4
Site Team

I leave my low points closed in the winter, then in the spring I collect the pink stuff and pour it in the drains next year. By the way don't forget to pour a cup full in each drain.
As far as the line from tank to pump---I don't know exactly what happens there. I have never had a problem with it.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:17 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

The pick up line is very flexible yet reinforced. It should not have a freeze problem. The fact that the pump now has antifreeze in it is more important. If you are still con cerned you can disconnect the line (siphon) at the pump if you want.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote