Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
New Camper

Hi, I have a viewfinder 28ft, which I want to winterize. I know the procedure, but my pump does not suck the antifreeze out of the jug into the pipes. However, if I use the water, my pump is working. What am I doing wrong. Can someone help me out?

Traveling with a viewfinder 28ft.?Ÿ˜„?Ÿ˜„?Ÿ˜„
Gerryvang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Have you open and closed the valves next to the pump

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
New Camper

Hi, yes I did.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:34 AM   #4
New Camper

To everyone who has looked at my question: I was able to solve it.
The 2-way valve with 3outlets was reversed installed (brand new trailer!), it was diverting the antifreeze towards the water tank instead of pumping it into the lines.
Very happy it's working now, although I have to clean out the water tank.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Well it is that time, I winterized the fifth wheel today. Took out all of the shorts and polo sh*ts and put in long pans and a jacket and long sleeve shirts, Now have the can good in a cooler for easy removal. The major question is should I replace the summer air in the tires with winter air be fore we leave this week

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Gotta have fresh air, go ahead and change it. Already done the short sleeve/long sleeve swap, added a light and a heavy jacket, wool cap, gloves. Put in the small electric heater to conserve propane when camping and keep it above 40 at the house so I don't have to move food.

I can't think of anything else at the moment except for a destination...
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

South would be nice. Just got back from a two week excursion to FL. Stayed at Tyndall AFB near Panama City. Came home to freezing temps and winterized the rv. I just turn on the water heater bypass, drain the water heater and leave the plug out. I drain the fresh water tank, open all the faucets, turn the pump on for about 30 seconds, blow air through the city hookup and add antifreeze to the drains and waste tanks. This was my first time winterizing. Will see in the spring or next trip, whichever comes first.
14 2013
https://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/...ps59ad31d6.jpg
BourbonRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonRam
South would be nice. Just got back from a two week excursion to FL. Stayed at Tyndall AFB near Panama City. Came home to freezing temps and winterized the rv. I just turn on the water heater bypass, drain the water heater and leave the plug out. I drain the fresh water tank, open all the faucets, turn the pump on for about 30 seconds, blow air through the city hookup and add antifreeze to the drains and waste tanks. This was my first time winterizing. Will see in the spring or next trip, whichever comes first.
Don't forget the low point drains.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

I didn't know I had low point drains. Nothing mentioned in the owners manual. I have not seen anything on the bottom that would appear like drains. Any ideas?
14 2013
Old 11-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #10
Site Team

Mine are in the pass thru storage compartment, right next to the handles for black and grey water drains. Fresh water hookup is there also. They are just 1/4 turn valves that drain directly out the bottom.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:56 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Look underneath the trailer for two lines fairly close together pointing down toward the ground. If you find them, these are your low point drains, Some just have caps on the end of the line that you remove to drain, others have valves above them that you turn to drain.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:40 PM   #12
New Camper

i have a 2009 30sk cruiser. i fellow the manuel how to winterize but it dont tell you much i going to though the dam thing away can anybody help thanks ushale
Old 11-26-2012, 03:57 AM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ushale

i have a 2009 30sk cruiser. i fellow the manuel how to winterize but it dont tell you much i going to though the dam thing away can anybody help thanks ushale
Not sure just what part of it you are having trouble with. Maybe tell us a little more.
If you just want "blow" the lines out and not pump the pink stuff thru, get one of these
http://www.amazon.com/Camco-36153-Brass-Blow-Plug/dp/B0006IX68O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1353955943&sr=8-3&keywords=air+adapter+for+RV+water+lines
It screws into the city water hookup, Just make sure you don't use to much pressure. I usually set my compressor at 40--45#
Old 11-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #14
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ushale

Here you go:

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">WINTERIZING YOUR CRUISER CF30SKP CAMPER<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />[/b]

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">[/b]
  1. <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">Level the camper. </span>Drain all tanks. </span>You will need about 2 gal. of RV
    anti-freeze. </span>Never use automotive
    type, it is POISION!</span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">Remove the interior
    wooden access doors for the pump (front of the cabinet between the rear
    chairs).</span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">Remove the plastic
    drain plug from the water heater (outside). </span>Put it somewhere so you can find it next
    spring! </span>I just leave mine lying in
    the bottom of the outside water heater compartment. </span>Using a small plastic hose, siphon the
    remaining water from the heater tank.
    </span>Install the plug and close the outside water heater access door.</span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">Pump OFF. </span>Open the two low water drain valves
    (door side inside storage compartment)</span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">Open all faucets,
    outside shower, and toilet to allow water to drain back into the lines and
    out the drains.</span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">Use compressed air to
    blow into city water connection.
    </span>Also blow out the black tank flush system. </span>Fitting is available at RV dealers.</span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">Reach through the
    cutout in the panel under the kitchen counter and turn water heater by-pass
    valves (2) to by-pass the water heater.
    </span>Bottom valve should now point โ€œUPโ€ and valve in the by-pass line
    should be โ€œinlineโ€ with the pipe.
    </span>This stops the water from going to the heater and allows it to
    return to the cold water side.</span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">Close the low water
    drain valves and all faucets.</span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">At the water pump, pull
    the hose that is connected on one end only out and turn the valve on it to
    be โ€œin lineโ€ with the hose. </span>Put the
    free end of the hose into a jug of anti-freeze.</span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">Turn the pump โ€œONโ€ and
    make sure it is sucking the anti-freeze into the pump. </span>It should take about a gallon before it
    shuts off. </span>Turn on each faucet, hot
    and cold, until you see pink anti-freeze coming out and run about a cup
    full in each drain, then shut off.
    </span>Do this in the following order.</span>
    1. <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.0in;">Outside shower.</span>
      <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.0in;">Toilet.</span>
      <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.0in;">Shower.</span>
      <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.0in;">Vanity sink.</span>
      <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.0in;">Kitchen sink.</span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">Shut pump โ€œOFFโ€. </span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">Turn hose valve back to
    the original position, store hose.</span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">Put drain stoppers into
    drains to stop evaporation of anti-freeze from traps.</span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">Turn refrigerator
    โ€œOFFโ€, prop doors open using clips.</span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">Retract slides.</span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">Turn propane gas off at
    bottles.</span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">Remove battery and
    store inside on wood. </span>Never store a
    battery on concrete. </span>Charge once a
    month or so during the winter.</span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">Put a couple of containers
    of Deconยฎ inside on the floor and in the storage compartment.</span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">Close blinds to shade
    interior from sunlight if cover is not used.</span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;">Clean exterior and
    interior. </span></span>

Edited by: BipeFlier

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Farmer
Mine are in the pass thru storage compartment, right next to the handles for black and grey water drains. Fresh water hookup is there also. They are just 1/4 turn valves that drain directly out the bottom.ย*
I washed the trailer today and looked for any low point drains. None seen on my Z1 291RL. Don't believe I have any. Thanks for the info though. Still need to top off my propane. Heard it was a good idea to keep condensation away.
14 2013
Old 11-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #16
Full Time Camper

You do have the drains some where. Call Crossroads to see where they are

Old 12-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #17
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhenn
You do have the drains some where. Call Crossroads to see where they are
I will contact them. Thanks.
14 2013