Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2015, 05:31 PM   #1
New Camper

2012 cruiser patriot 335ss

hello

my wifr and i are thinking about buying a cruiser. seems like a good deal dealer asking (00k) (mod.edit) anything i should pay attention to during inspection?any known issues? unit is very clean and looks great thanks in advance
Lzyellodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:06 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Examine the bedroom slide for water damage. Look beside the bed, where the bed frame meets the wall, for damage. The particleboard frame will swell if it has gotten wet. Also, check the exterior bottom of the slide along the outside edge for rusting screws and swelling of the OSB slide floor, which will be covered with a fiberglass panel. I have a 2013 and took my unit to the CrossRoads service center, where the slide was said to be repaired, but I am still experiencing the same leak. Another potential problem is the floor in front of the kitchen slide. The floor in my unit sloped towards the exterior wall. While it was at the service center some extra gussets were added to the frame. I recently walked through a new 2016 CF365BL, which has the large kitchen slide, and it was also sloping towards the exterior. This may be a common problem.

It does have a nice interior and a great layout. Good luck.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:44 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

You might also want to make sure to look at the bedroom slide outside floor to see if the medal plates were installed...There is a problem with the slide rollers that the slide sits on cutting through the outside floor of the slide, so plates were installed to take care of that problem.???
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:46 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Hi There!

On behalf of CrossRoads, thanks for considering our product!

I would scour this entire forum for threads regarding "new units" , "PDI" or "New Owner Questions". There have been a lot of threads recently dedicated to helping new owners know what to look for in a pre-deliver inspection, and they have compiled some pretty good ideas.

Hope you find all the info you need, and that the unit you are looking at is exactly what you are hoping for!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:22 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

We have the same unit - the bed slide can be the weak point in this model.

Try to find who was the previous owner and see why they traded it.

Verify that items work. water Pump,lights, frig., tv, dump vales, hot water heater, furnace, AC unit, awning, tank level indicators

Verify that the bed slide has been modified -
Bed slide Control unit relocated to the storage compartment (1st picture) . Controller is to the right of the light - if it has not been relocated then it is still under the bed (2nd to last picture).
Rollers installed under the bed. If they are none - the motors have to work harder to get the bed slide out and in. Potential for binding and motor failure (last picture - 4 were installed under the bed - 2 at the end and 2 at the center)
Steel plates as mentioned above (2nd picture) - if they are not installed check for cracking of the fiberglass under the bed slide when it is extended. If it is cracking then the plates need to be installed.
Any sign of water damage - this caused a failure of our slide and required a total rebuild (was not sealed properly at the factory).
Check the gear plates on the side of the slide to check for damage (signs of the slide going in and our crooked).

If the bed slide has not been modified - I would not purchase the unit.

Lift the bed and check the storage area (ensure you pull the mattress out from the wall or over time it will cause the bed to rip away from the wall). Ours did rip away from the wall and I had to modify how it is attached to ensure it does not happen again. Check to see if the bed has been re-enforced - ours was falling apart and I had to strengthen it.

Get on the roof:
Check the roof - check for staples coming through the roof material. Ours did and required the roof to be repaired.
Check the roof sealing - not much applied at the factory - had to be all re-sealed on ours - at my expense.

Check all slides to ensure they are aligned and go out and in smoothly.
If it has a fire place there should be a remote for it.
Check the tires for abnormal wear.

That all being said now that our unit has all the problems corrected it has not given us any problems for the past 2 years (we purchased ours in Nov. 2011 - It was made in July 2011). We do like the lay out of the trailer - the island was the "selling point" for us.

E-mail me if you need more info.

Ensure you have the right rig to tow it - my CAT scale weight:
Steer Axle - 4900 lbs - - Rating 5600 lb
Drive Axle - 6060 lbs - - rating is 7050 lbs Tires are rated 3525 lbs at 80 psi
Trailer Axle - 9220 lbs - - rating 10,400 lbs
Gross Weight - 20,180 lbs

Trailer GVWR 12,380 lbs
Truck GVWR 11,600 lbs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 093.jpg (191.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg plates 2.jpg (158.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg top support.jpg (169.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg slide controller 2.JPG (51.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg bed rollers.jpg (150.3 KB, 20 views)

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:24 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Same Leak trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
Examine the bedroom slide for water damage. Look beside the bed, where the bed frame meets the wall, for damage. The particleboard frame will swell if it has gotten wet. Also, check the exterior bottom of the slide along the outside edge for rusting screws and swelling of the OSB slide floor, which will be covered with a fiberglass panel. I have a 2013 and took my unit to the CrossRoads service center, where the slide was said to be repaired, but I am still experiencing the same leak. Another potential problem is the floor in front of the kitchen slide. The floor in my unit sloped towards the exterior wall. While it was at the service center some extra gussets were added to the frame. I recently walked through a new 2016 CF365BL, which has the large kitchen slide, and it was also sloping towards the exterior. This may be a common problem.

It does have a nice interior and a great layout. Good luck.

Thomas, how did you resolve the problem? We have the same issue with the leak in the bedroom slide. Wondering if we should take it in or could we fix it ourselves.

Thanks
Terry
anotherrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:32 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Lift the bed and check the storage area (ensure you pull the mattress out from the wall or over time it will cause the bed to rip away from the wall).
On ours, after repairing the pull away problem, I disconnected the gas shocks (I think they are what causes it) and now use them as props. It's kind of a two man job to get into it but we only store seldom used items in there. What I sis was probably unnecessary but I'm comfortable with it.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:44 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

cruiser 335ss bedroom slide leak

I have seen that these units leak in the bedroom. does anyone know where the water is coming in at? Has anyone had one that was repaired with success?
anotherrv is offline   Reply With Quote