Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2019, 05:54 AM   #1
New Camper

2015 cruiser aire 33RE bedroom slide leak

I have a 2015 cruiser aire 33RE with bedroom slide damage. What I thought was a slide roller issue (rollers have cut the underneath side of my slide) has. Turned in to a leak inside my slide that I cannot locate. And no help from my dealer...

Anyone out there have an insight/ issues with this same model?

I feel like I Am the only one who owns this model!!
Kimberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:08 AM   #2
Site Team

Does the slide have the track on the outside wall for moving it in and out?
Some have found the water coming in around them.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:44 PM   #3
New Camper

No it does not have tracks on the outside of the camper. The slide moves on the rollers. It is a travel trailer, not a fifth wheel.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:50 PM   #4
Site Team

Finding a leak is like finding a needle in 10 haystacks. Just remember water runs down so start at the top. Check the slide seals - The roof - the trim and go over each screw to be sure they are tight. Then on the sides check your windows every screw and the caulking. Also check the trim screws and caulking on the sides and bottom. And be sure to check the seal at the floor and the wrap under the slide.

Good luck in finding it. Some times it can be very hard to find.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:07 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I dont know about the leak but the roller damage was addressed by Lippert/Schwinteck in a recall or some such and they issued metal reinforcing mounted to allow the rollers to contact the metal plates. I had the same issue and jacked up the slide a minor amount and screwed metal plates where the rollers contact the floor of the slide. Easy fix.
davidfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 02:45 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

I have a 2015 33RE also that is leaking from the inside. Your post is exactly the same problem as mine. When my camper was new it leaked (Bedroom Slide) I took back to the dealer. They could not fix it, and said it had to back to the factory. I don't live far from the factory so I took it there. They told me they found that when they assembled the slide someone did not put a drain channel in it. The slide would drip a little from now and then, but that was fine.
Fast forward to now. Two weeks ago I noticed it was dripping on the inside, so I put a tray down. The tray had brown water in it. I went outside and looked under the slide and one roller was sunk in a little and brown water was dripping from it. I called Crossroads and the lady helped by telling me that I had to go to a dealer to have it inspected and to have them file a claim. She also told me it was not that uncommon to have crossroads still cover this. I also have no idea where the water could get in. I have looked all over the slide and the seals look great.
I would like to talk to you about this with you.
Pwrfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:09 PM   #7
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwrfactor View Post
I have a 2015 33RE also that is leaking from the inside. Your post is exactly the same problem as mine. When my camper was new it leaked (Bedroom Slide) I took back to the dealer. They could not fix it, and said it had to back to the factory. I don't live far from the factory so I took it there. They told me they found that when they assembled the slide someone did not put a drain channel in it. The slide would drip a little from now and then, but that was fine.
Fast forward to now. Two weeks ago I noticed it was dripping on the inside, so I put a tray down. The tray had brown water in it. I went outside and looked under the slide and one roller was sunk in a little and brown water was dripping from it. I called Crossroads and the lady helped by telling me that I had to go to a dealer to have it inspected and to have them file a claim. She also told me it was not that uncommon to have crossroads still cover this. I also have no idea where the water could get in. I have looked all over the slide and the seals look great.
I would like to talk to you about this with you.
Thank you for responding. I would be interested in chatting also. So your camper is a travel trailer NOT a fifth wheel ? I have never seen another camper like mine and have only seen One crossroads cruiser fifth wheel.

I feel like the gutter drain on the drivers side of the camperis poor design. Having it dump out on the slide is crazy! But I didn’t catch that until I owned my unit.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:08 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Bedroom slide leak

Yes my camper is the same model 33re. It is a travel trailer. I don’t really worry about the gutter draining on the slide.
I have an appointment with my dealer next Monday. I’ll let you know how it goes. No matter what I’m going to pay to have it fixed. At least it’s the smallest of the three slides.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:47 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

Hi, Kim.

I just got back from where I bought my camper. They really didn't help much but they estimated it would cost about $3,500 to replace the bottom of the slide. I'm still going to try to have Crossroads warrant it, but I doubt it will be done under warranty.
We shave full coverage on the camper so my wife has made a claim to see if it is covered also.

Scott.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:43 PM   #10
New Camper

I feel your disappointment! My dealer was of NO help. Was your dealer able to locate the source of your leak? Or give you recommendations of how to stop/prevent further damage?

Are you continuing to camp in your unit? Still using the bedroom slide?

I am going to try and have mine repaired after fall, have caulked the heck out of everything in the meantime.... fingers crossed.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:46 PM   #11
New Camper

also, i tried the insurance route...as we too have full coverage- they basically laughed at me. So any wisdom you gain out of your conversation with your insurance.....I would love to hear.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:48 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

I talked to Crossroads / Keystone today. I was able to submit my estimate to them from the dealer. She told me that they would look at it. (Kimberly) You may want to contact them (Crossroads) also and tell them your problem also.

Yes, we are still using the camper to camp in and I will have it repaired in the fall.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:03 AM   #13
New Camper

That’s awesome. My dealer would not even write up an estimate for me. Told me they were to busy selling/prepping new units and writing up my estimate would take too much time!!!

So I have nothing to submit to Crossroads or my insurance!!

I am beyond furious with this entire ordeal!!

Kimberly