Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

This request goes out to any other owner of a 345RF unit. While retracting the streetside slide last weekend, my wife noticed that the island appeared to move. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the dining room table top had a scratch on it and I saw where it came from when I had her close the slide again. The table top actually nests in the space between the bottom of the counter top and the top of the cabinet door. I cannot tell if this is by design or not. I have asked the dealer to check the other unit on their lot but I am looking for feedback from other owners on this forum.

I did not get a chance to check if the table itself can be moved closer toward the window to create more clearance. I suppose they could move the whole island closer to the stove/fridge slide but that seems a bit excessive.

I am hoping that the dealer will replace the table top (after moving either the table or the island). Am I asking too much?
Other than that, we are totally happy with the unit. We had a great first time out in it last weekend...once I figured out my electrical issue (which I'll post as a new topic).

Smith campers6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Todd,
You are not asking too much...take it back and have them fix it correctly. Sounds like something is like "an inch" off or so. Not sure how they will accomplish this...but it's their problem...and not yours. Get it done now, before the damage gets worse. I would take it back if it were mine.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:05 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Our table doesn't come that close to the island in our 345rf I think at least 4 inches away. Do you have the extension opened on the table? When you close the slide you need to drop your table extension. The table top will actually slide to accommodate this. There is a lock under it that stops the movement IIRC.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

It is not extended and still locked in place. Will be looking at it closer and getting it fixed.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

ours too is about 4 inches away, the table must have been mounted incorrectly
azcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:40 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith campers6

It is not extendedÂ* and still locked in place. Will be looking at it closer and getting it fixed.
Perhaps backwards? Extension is at window side. Strange yours wouldn't fit unless they installed the island too far to the table side. Let us know what thy say. If you need I can go out tomorrow and measure the distance from island to stove side when closed. Don't have my slides out right now. We're still having winter up here
Saskatoon, SK
Old 04-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

The extension is by the window. When both slides are in they are close to the island and we can not walk through, not a big isssue. My concern is the table pushing up against the island, waiting to hear what needs to be done.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #8
New Camper

We have a brand new 2013 Crossroads Cruiser. The first time we went put the table down to make it into a bed it dropped all the way to the floor. Was no where near close to fitting!Notveryhappy with Crossroads quality control. Could be why their warranty on new campers went from a five year to a one year. Because we are two and a half hours away from our dealer my husband went ahead and fixed it himself, but I don't blame the dealer for this. Definitely a Crossroads issue. Contacted Crossroads directlyabout a couple of other things but received no satisfaction.
Campingrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingrandma

We have a brand new 2013 Crossroads Cruiser. The first time we went put the table down to make it into a bed it dropped all the way to the floor. Was no where near close to fitting!Notveryhappy with Crossroads quality control. Could be why their warranty on new campers went from a five year to a one year. Because we are two and a half hours away from our dealer my husband went ahead and fixed it himself, but I don't blame the dealer for this. Definitely a Crossroads issue. Contacted Crossroads directlyabout a couple of other things but received no satisfaction.

Warranty went from 2 year to 1 year - never had a five year warranty. Did you contact Crossroads? They may have had someone closer to you who could have handled the repair. If the dealer did a full prep they may have caught the issue with the table not fitting. I do make sure the dealer does their job on delivery and proves everything is working and fitting properly - our selling dealer is 750 miles away but there is a local dealer authorized for repairs if we need it.
Saskatoon, SK
Old 05-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

The table issue has been fixed. It still comes up to the Island but not close enough to move it, it also was moved so that we can now get into the 2 chairs by the window with the move.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:11 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Smith campers6, Thanks for the update. I guess they didn't measure before mounting it. Looked at mine again and about 2" clearance to island when slide closed. No contact with the island.
Saskatoon, SK
Old 05-24-2013, 12:34 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

No contact anymore, but we can not lock it into place, but I do not think it will slide during travel. We can now actually sit at the other 2 chairs comfortably. All in all we are really enjoying our new rig, despitethe few issues.

« Oh Crap | 335SS »