Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2016, 06:01 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

8 Function Remote

I've searched the forums for information on the multi function remote. I found a statement that CR had done away with them in 2012, however have seen other posts where owners have them in later models. It looks like CR has brought back the multi function remote, at least to the Cruiser. It is an LED looking thing similar to the one in the Keystone products. The salesman didn't know about the remote. He was a nice guy, but I pointed out many features of the unit he didn't know about, he told me I was hyper-informed. The remote was listed in the brochure under the "Mandatory Select Package". Also, although we purchased a 315RL, we also looked at a 303SE which had not been opened since deliver which had the remote in with other loose items. I was told in my PDI that the remote would be in with the documents. It wasn't and is on our "we owe" slip. I've read that the mother board for the remotes are either under the refrigerator, in the cabinet next to the inverter or cabinet in the bathroom. Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Remote.jpg (2.5 KB, 226 views)
File Type: jpg Cruiser front sm.jpg (111.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Cruiser Back sm.jpg (44.6 KB, 218 views)
SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:41 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Our Cruiser has the same remote. Ours controls one of the awnings, all three slide outs, some of the outside lights and the rear stabilizer jacks. Our controller board is in the front storage compartment.

Phil & Janine
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Short Bed 2500HD Cummins
2014 Cruiser 333RL
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 04:53 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by campingcpl View Post
Our Cruiser has the same remote. Ours controls one of the awnings, all three slide outs, some of the outside lights and the rear stabilizer jacks. Our controller board is in the front storage compartment.
Thanks for the response. Does your board look anything like the one on the right in this picture?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3959.JPG (599.7 KB, 17 views)

Old 03-24-2016, 08:31 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Your welcome. Yep, that's it. Ours looks slightly different than yours but I know there are different versions of the boards and I'm sure they have made some changes over the last year or two.

Phil & Janine
2014 Cruiser 333RL
Old 03-24-2016, 09:28 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Thumbs up

Quote:
Your welcome. Yep, that's it. Ours looks slightly different than yours but I know there are different versions of the boards and I'm sure they have made some changes over the last year or two.
Thanks for confirming. I asked the young man doing our demo what it was and why it didn't have a cover and he told me it ran the batter........ They sell a lot of RVs and he was very good.

I'm glad to hear I at least have the mother board. Now they just need to furnish me with a remote and make sure it works.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:58 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Again your welcome. We don't use ours that much. About the only thing I really use ours for is if I am setting up by myself or when I am cleaning the unit. If I am setting up myself I mainly use it for the rear jacks and maybe running the kitchen slide or bed slide out if I am concerned about clearance. The one thing I always check before using it for the slides is the inside of the unit to make sure nothing is going to get in the way of the slides when I run them out. I had that happen on another trailer we had, I started running the slide out and heard a loud crunch. Come to find out something had got caught behind the fascia of the silde as the slide was going out. So now I always check everything inside before I start running any slide out and since I'm already inside I really don't need to use the remote to operate the slides. I also like using it for cleaning the awing, it saves time in having to run in and out of the unit to roll the awning in or out. I'm still trying to figure out how to set it up so I can also use it for the second awning but haven't had much luck. I was able to figure out how to program the remote and had to do some rewiring of the switch but still can't seem to get it to work right. So for right now that is on the back burner till I get some other projects done.

Hopefully they will get you one before you take delivery of the unit or you will have to take it back to them so they can sync it to your board (which is pretty easy to do). And yes, I would defiantly make sure everything works with it before you leave. Our unit came with an auto leveling system for the front landing gear and our dealer didn't know how to program it. When I asked the tech about it he said he had never seen that system before. So I ended up having to figure out how to program everything myself. It kind of P'ed me off a little but I'm a hands on type of person and by me doing it myself it helps me in the long run if I ever need to trouble shoot something.

Good luck with your new unit and we hope you have safe travels and fun times!

Phil & Janine
2014 Cruiser 333RL
Old 03-27-2016, 02:30 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Hopefully they get it in before I take the unit because bringing it back is not an option for me unless I have a catastrophic failure of something. I had my PDI 8 days ago, they told me they really need to make room on the lot so they want it moved. I went up yesterday and they haven't done anything. The light in the front compartment was still on from the PDI draining the battery. I don't have a lot of faith in the dealer which I knew going into the transaction. That's why I want it right before I take position. I think the Cruiser is a good product. Unfortunately the only dealer that carries the line has one of the worst reputations.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:37 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
I was able to figure out how to program the remote and had to do some rewiring of the switch but still can't seem to get it to work right.

Hopefully they will get you one before you take delivery of the unit or you will have to take it back to them so they can sync it to your board (which is pretty easy to do). And yes, I would defiantly make sure everything works with it before you leave. When I asked the tech about it he said he had never seen that system before. So I ended up having to figure out how to program everything myself.
So how difficult was it to program the remote as I may end up having to do it myself or lose some of my season waiting for the dealer. Any notes or work flow you could share as I suspect the techs at my dealership have no idea what to do.

Thanks
Old 03-28-2016, 06:08 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

If you call Crossroads, they may be able to send you a pdf manual. I have a lincpad that would never do anything. The dealer only knew "there's a tablet with instruction videos on it." Crossroads people were vaguely aware of it but no help either. Same with Lippert surprisingly so I gave up. A year later I called Crossroads back and they now had some knowledge of it and emailed me a manual so I could program it and now it operates slides, stabilizers etc. like it should. If you get someone who is not knowledgeable, you will need to escalate to a supervisor or engineer. You can also ask them for a recommended shop that has the know how to get it working.

Good luck!
stormseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:21 AM   #10
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormseeker View Post
If you call Crossroads, they may be able to send you a pdf manual. <snip>
If CR does send a .pdf manual, please return here and post it to the Documents folder above so that others can use that reference.

Our home base -- 2018 Grand Design Solitude 375RES -- The "Uno Mas!"
The mobile office -- 2016 Crossroads Hill Country HCT26RB -- The "Poquito Mas!"
Gone but not forgotten: 2015 Heartland Landmark 365 Key West (lost to Hurricane Harvey)
TxCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:48 AM   #11
Seasonal Camper

Remote

Great ideas everyone. I have emailed the dealer again to find out status of my "we owe" list. The 8 function remote is on that list. Neither the salesman nor service department seemed to know anything about the remote. I showed them on the flyer that it is part of the mandatory package.

I suspect that CR may have added the remote back in mid-year as it is a very popular feature on Keystone products. Being a gadget geek myself, I like the idea, if only to have the ability to bring in the awnings and turn the exterior lights on and off.

I think I want to see if they dealer is able to provide me with what I need before I start on the manufacturer. Give them a chance to provide me with the product I was promised. If not, I will definitely contact the CR. If I end up getting any useful documents I will gladly add them to the documents section.

Attached are pics of the remote that were in another unit that was on the lot. I was a little disappointed to see that it had a macro charging port vs. the newer micro charging port which has been out for a few years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160326_112105_resized_1.jpg (121.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20160326_112058_resized_1.jpg (197.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20160326_112125_resized_1.jpg (177.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20160326_112129_resized_1.jpg (140.7 KB, 5 views)

Old 03-28-2016, 01:12 PM   #12
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanRN View Post
So how difficult was it to program the remote as I may end up having to do it myself or lose some of my season waiting for the dealer. Any notes or work flow you could share as I suspect the techs at my dealership have no idea what to do.

Thanks
It's not that difficult, the hard part will be figuring out what is connected to the board and what function position. When you program the remote you have to tell it that, for example: outside lights might be connected to the #1 position on the board, living slide might be connected to the #2 position etc.. You might have to do some trial and error on that. The only help I could really give you on figuring out what is what is the slides will more then likely be a 10 gauge wire and everything else will be probably a 12 gauge (at least that is the way mine is wired). You could always look at the wire color on the board and then check the wire colors on the switches and hope that they used the same wire colors going to the motors. It's kind of a crap shoot either way.

As for documents I added 3 versions for the linc system. More then likely you will need this one Lippert Multi-Function Wireless Controller Program for the remote you will have. The other ones are for the remote version I have and then the other is for a first generation remote and the wiring diagrams for the control board which is still good for the newer generation remotes. I hope this helps you out.

Phil & Janine
2014 Cruiser 333RL
Old 03-28-2016, 05:57 PM   #13
Seasonal Camper

Circuit board picture

Quote:
It's not that difficult, the hard part will be figuring out what is connected to the board and what function position. When you program the remote you have to tell it that, for example: outside lights might be connected to the #1 position on the board, living slide might be connected to the #2 position etc.. You might have to do some trial and error on that. The only help I could really give you on figuring out what is what is the slides will more then likely be a 10 gauge wire and everything else will be probably a 12 gauge (at least that is the way mine is wired). You could always look at the wire color on the board and then check the wire colors on the switches and hope that they used the same wire colors going to the motors. It's kind of a crap shoot either way.

As for documents I added 3 versions for the linc system. More then likely you will need this one Lippert Multi-Function Wireless Controller Program for the remote you will have. The other ones are for the remote version I have and then the other is for a first generation remote and the wiring diagrams for the control board which is still good for the newer generation remotes. I hope this helps you out.
Thanks for your help with this. Attached is a closer picture of the circuit board that is in the front compartment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Circuit Board.jpg (235.0 KB, 11 views)

Old 03-28-2016, 06:44 PM   #14
Seasonal Camper

Thumbs up Thank you

Quote:
Thank you for taking the time to post these manuals. They are in the moderators queue, as soon as they are released I will check them out.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:50 PM   #15
Site Team

Just approved them, you can now check them out.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:26 PM   #16
Seasonal Camper

Thanks Mark

Old 03-29-2016, 08:17 AM   #17
Seasonal Camper

Your welcome.

I took a closer look at the picture you posted and it would have been nice if they would have filled in the label on your board. If I compare it to mine I would say that the first 3 positions on the left side are going to be your slide outs. The yellow wire at the bottom left side is going to be for your outside lights. The wires at the bottom of the board are going to be your positive and grounds going to the board and out to the switches. The 2 positions on the right are going to be for the awnings or one is for an awning and the other is for the jacks. On mine it goes slides in the first 3 positions then rear jacks and then step and outside door light all on the left side. On the right is just my front awning and then the power and grounds at the bottom.

Phil & Janine
2014 Cruiser 333RL
Old 03-29-2016, 08:44 AM   #18
Seasonal Camper

Here is a look at my set up. The only thing I can't figure out on mine is they didn't run the power to the switches from my controller and I think that is what is screwing me up with getting our second awning connected and working right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FOT44C1.jpg (172.7 KB, 16 views)

Phil & Janine
2014 Cruiser 333RL
Old 03-29-2016, 02:14 PM   #19
Seasonal Camper

I see where mine has the two red power lines going to it, however I don't have that second white controller under the circuit panel.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:54 PM   #20
Seasonal Camper

That other box just below the control board is the controller for the Schwintec bed slide. If your bed slide has the Schwintec system then you should have a controller like that somewhere too.