Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2016, 06:35 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

Hi Lloyd,
Thanks for a good thread. It's getting a little moss on it but I want to add my experience. On the past many years we went from tents to pop-ups to small fifth wheels to larger fifth wheels. In 2009 we found a new 2008 32BL after we had enjoyed a 27RL for many years. An attractive feature was the two year warranty but for both units I never had to use it. Some luck involved I suppose but little things don't bother me and I fix them myself. Now that the grandkids are getting older we shop around now and then for a smaller unit but always figure why pay more for less. My truck, while it has some years on it, pulls great and I keep it in good repair. So after the "new trailer" fever subsides and common sense returns we stick with "old reliable".

Thanks again.
finder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:22 PM   #22
Site Team

Yes Jack I agree with you about ----- the new trailer fever. Ever so often I go thru it myself, and come up with the same answer you did.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:22 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by finder9 View Post
Hi Lloyd,
Thanks for a good thread. It's getting a little moss on it but I want to add my experience. On the past many years we went from tents to pop-ups to small fifth wheels to larger fifth wheels. In 2009 we found a new 2008 32BL after we had enjoyed a 27RL for many years. An attractive feature was the two year warranty but for both units I never had to use it. Some luck involved I suppose but little things don't bother me and I fix them myself. Now that the grandkids are getting older we shop around now and then for a smaller unit but always figure why pay more for less. My truck, while it has some years on it, pulls great and I keep it in good repair. So after the "new trailer" fever subsides and common sense returns we stick with "old reliable".

Thanks again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Yes Jack I agree with you about ----- the new trailer fever. Ever so often I go thru it myself, and come up with the same answer you did.

I have to bring this thread back to life again.
Our 5er took us to the state of WA. and back this year with absolutely no issues.
I also went thru the new trailer fever again this year, but just couldn't come up with anything we really wanted to exchange our present rig for that would fit in the shed we have. So I guess the old saying of--If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it applies to me.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:50 PM   #24
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
I have to bring this thread back to life again.
Our 5er took us to the state of WA. and back this year with absolutely no issues.
I also went thru the new trailer fever again this year, but just couldn't come up with anything we really wanted to exchange our present rig for that would fit in the shed we have. So I guess the old saying of--If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it applies to me.
Bragging are you
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:34 AM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhenn View Post
Bragging are you
Nope. Just stating a fact.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:52 PM   #26
New Camper

Refreshing Post

I'm new to my 2014 Cruiser 35SS but not new to the forum world. I agree 100% that it is refreshing to come across a post like this and one of the reasons I felt comfortable purchasing a 7-year-old Cruiser (when Crossroads made Cruisers)! Only had her a week. I've done some driveway test camping trying to find all the kinks I need to work out before I take her down the road. Inside she's like new. Outside only need a little love. Nothing is more satisfying than fixing, improving, and maintaining something you own. I'm looking forward to creating memories in my Cruiser.
ckingwevl is offline   Reply With Quote