Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We picked up our new 31 RE in early sept. The one thing that i really wanted was 16 inch wheels and E-rated tires but was told that those were only available on the Patriot editions. I even called the factory and was told the same. We really loved the floorplan of the 31 RE so we bought it. Well we have had this 5er about a month now and today i took it back to our dealer (Dolney RV Sales) todayfor some minor issues and to my surprise they had a new 31 RE sitting on their lot and guess what? 16 inch wells and E-Rated tires. I am going to call the factory monday to see if they can do anything for me. I will even pay the difference in price and drive to Topeka Ind. to get these changed if they will do that for me.One other thing, Shouldn't there be padding under the carpet in the bedroom area. Even our less expensive Fagstaff 5er had this. By the way we love this unit and it tows wonderful. Craig
Old 10-31-2009, 11:52 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

I know what you mean, I have been told different things from different dealers, had one say the same thing about tires and another say, no problem. Yesterday we ordered the new CF31RE and are told by the dealer, no Patriot/Provincial package available, and we hear from RVW today that it is available, what the heck, don't they want my money!

2006 Chevy Duramax

2006 Malibu Vride
canacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:16 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
The padding is minimal, it's a 1/2" foam pad on the base. On the side of my bed there is NO padding. Doesn't bother me as I spend about 1 minute a day stepping in that area.

As far as the wheels/tires I bet you they would help you out. You will need to get the right person, Randy is helpful in all cases.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Salesmen will tell you anything to "close the deal." I would raise h*ll to anybody who would listen! Call the owner of the RV Dealership, see how high up you can get at the factory, get an attorney and threaten litigation.....oops wait a minute.....lawyers lie too.

It would seem that since the RV industry is on it's butt right now anybody wanting to lay down hard cash for a purchase would be given better treatment. I would not get pushed around like this. Get verbal, abusive and arrogant to everybody involved. Squeaky wheel gets the oil!!!!
Pull Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:19 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

FYI, spoke to the Cruiser brand rep @ factory CF31RE available in Patriot/Provincal Package.

2006 Chevy Duramax

2006 Malibu Vride
canacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:22 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

FYI - these are all changes within the last 30 days or less. It takes time for a lot of this info to trickle down to a lot of salesman in dealerships. They only added the RE in the Patriots a couple of weeks ago.

Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:48 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

It shouldn't take a long time to figure this out and this is one complaint I have about Crossroads communications. I ordered a 2009 and it had a page of different changes compared to the 2009 I saw on the dealer's lot. The dealer didn't know of the changes and neither did I until I saw one on RVWholesalers that looked a lot different then the unit I ordered. All the changes were kosher with me so I didn't mind the upgrades.

What I did mind was the fact that I had to tell my dealer of the changes. It's not like Crossroads didn't have to order new colored cabinets, new cap, new everything so they had ample time to notify dealers.

Same here, why does no one else know but RVWholesalers has had it on their site for a few weeks about the 31RE and 33LF being Patriot/Provincial packages now??

I consider this a failure of the regional representative in communicating changes to their dealer network. Considering I can send a email at work to all my vendor's and internal/external customers on my global list with one keystrke in my email it seems Crossroads could do a better change on this.

Did anyone also notice the new 32MK floorplan for the Cruiser, again on the RVWholesalers site?
Old 11-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Pull Dog,

Getting abusive, arrogant and verbal won't cut it with Crossroads.We have hadour 29CK for 4 1/2 years and find the people at the factory to be nothing but helpful. I was there about4 weeks ago to have some items taken care of and they are a heck of a lot busier than they were when we were there 4 years ago. On our last visit they had 2 plants, now they have 7. I am sure they are not running at 100% but they appear busier than amost of the other plants we saw when we were up there.

Cigar Mike

2004.5 2500 Dodge CTD

2005 Cruiser 29CK with all the options

mgratner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

I talked to Rudy at Crossroads about my situation and he said that they had changed to 16 inch wheels 2 weeks after we had ordered ours. He was very nice to talk to and he told me that he would see what he could do. He took my phone # and said he would get back to me so I am waiting to here from him. I will keep everyone posted. Craig
Old 11-15-2009, 10:46 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Randy is a good guy - I'm sure there will be some sort of amicable solution.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78
Randy is a good guy - I'm sure there will be some sort of amicable solution.

Randy is in service, Rudy is in marketing.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:56 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Thanks , I read it quickly while doing homework and assumed it said "Randy" - my bad.

I don't know Judy, but I do know Randy is still a great guy!

Old 11-27-2009, 08:00 AM   #13
sjh
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78

Did anyone also notice the new 32MK floorplan for the Cruiser, again on the RVWholesalers site?

I saw that and would be very interested if available in the Patriot Edition!
sjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:19 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

Yea it looks like it has the potential to be pretty cool. I would be anxious to see it when finished. If there is enough interest I would imagine they would roll out a Patriot PKG. Also, the factory has been considering making some of the Patriot options stand-alone options on regular Cruisers. They have already ddone this with the 6K axle/16" tire combo.