Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2019, 10:01 AM   #1
New Camper

BAL Accu-Slide

Hi All!

I joined here to ask a few questions about repairing the BAL Accu-Slide wipers on my 2017 Cruiser Aire 28RL. After about a year the side wiper seals (R854056 Clip in Wipe seal) started tearing and now I need to replace 5 of them. I found the seal online for just under $6 a foot which is pricey IMO but I have to replace them.

The big issue is I think they are going to continue to tear unless I fix what’s causing them to do so. I noticed what the slide-out outer walls seem tight against the channel that the seal presses into causing them tear. On the one wall you can push in the outer panel a bit on the slide-out and I think I can use some screws to pull the panel in but on another wall the panel is tight.

I think it could be possible to move the wall cap extrusion out from the slide-out a ¼” or so. The cable going thru the slot is closer to the outer edge so by moving it out won’t cause the cable to rub.

Am I thinking in the right direction? I don’t mind replacing the seals but I don’t want to be doing it every year a $200-$300 a pop!

Thanks all!
Jeff
JeffNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:12 PM   #2
Site Team

You got to keep the seals treated with some type of seal treatment. this may have to happen a few times a year.

Next, clean the slide roof and top of wall that touches the seal. I use a cleaner called namptha. I get it at Lowes. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Jasco-32-fl...tha/1000147043

Wash it and treat it with a product call Rejex. A waxless polymer finish. Most any polymer finish will work. RejeX: Nothing sticks but the shine!

Again, treat a few times a year and the seal should not stick and rip.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote